Boynton/Jupiter water temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jupiter Yesterday (fri - 11th) Deep ledge at 130 feet was 62 degrees, 1 knot SOUTHBOUND current and 50 - 60 feet of viz. Inner reef at 80 feet still southbound current, but temps warmed(?) up to 67.

Many jellies and the bullsharks are all over the place chasing the king fishers to strip their lines. Over 50 commercial fishing boats counted yesterday. Many couldn't get the fish into the boat fast enough before being robbed by the tax man. Very territorial yesterday and I was getting challenged all day just bug hunting. Couldn't really get rid of them, you just had to keep backing them down so they would only circle and keep their distance. Swatted 3 with my looper as I was working in a couple of holes. Oh yaa shot six big lionfish too.

Jupiter Yesterday (fri - 11th) Deep ledge at 130 feet was 62 degrees, 1 knot SOUTHBOUND current and 50 - 60 feet of viz. Inner reef at 80 feet still southbound current, but temps warmed(?) up to 67.

Many jellies and the bullsharks are all over the place chasing the king fishers to strip their lines. Over 50 commercial fishing boats counted yesterday. Many couldn't get the fish into the boat fast enough before being robbed by the tax man. Very territorial yesterday and I was getting challenged all day just bug hunting. Couldn't really get rid of them, you just had to keep backing them down so they would only circle and keep their distance. Swatted 3 with my looper as I was working in a couple of holes. Oh yaa shot six big lionfish too.

Were you on Hippy John's boat?

Were you on Hippy John's boat?

The big green boat

IMG_4262.jpg

I don't comment like this often, but this strikes me as the most unconsciously macho post I've heard so far this year....:cool2: Congrats

Thanks very much for the replies. I'm planning on 3 dives Friday in Jupiter and 4 on Sat and Sun in Boynton. It'll be the 7mm for me.

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom