The Regina on TV...to all Lake Huron Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kingdiver

Reaction score
Last week apparently, accoridng to a non-diver buddy of mine, the history channel ran one of its scripts on the Regina in Lake Huron, part of the Sanilac Preserve.

He thought it was 'The Undersea detectives'. But it sounded really keeewl, going into the history, the story of the wreck, and the tale of the two divers from Ohio that died penetrating it a week before I dove the wreck for the first time (of which I have since dove twice).

does anybody have any further info on this? Like a rebroadcasting, the exact channel and show??

Need to set the VCR in action.

yup, it was on the history channel.
it was a very good show.

how difficult is the dive? is it hard to get charters to the site?

the show made me want to do some cold water diving, and i hate cold water lol

but i do LOVE wrecks

Brad

The show is re-airing on The History Channel on the 20th...

Saturday, September 20 @ 2pm ET/PT
Death on Lake Huron
In the winter of 1913, the Regina was sunk during one of the worst storms ever recorded on Lake Huron. Originally thought to have collided with another ship, she was found 73 years later and the mystery of her demise was solved. Teams of deep-water detectives use today's cutting-edge technology to make the wreck "tell its story." Told through fascinating underwater footage, expert interviews, archival materials, and dramatic reenactments. Hosted by veteran divers John Chatterton and Richie Kohler. TV PG

I have been to the Regina years ago and it was a great dive. I'll be going back to her on Sept. 28th. We'll be doing that wreck and the wreck of the Mary Alice B. Both Excellent wrecks in the preserve. It has been quite a while and I am anxious to see them again and how they have changed. I'll be taking pictures with my new camera and posting them with a full report on both dives.

Brad, the dive is not a difficult one. One could easily do a perimeter only dive with no penetration and still call it an excellent dive. The wreck is in about 80 ffw if I remember correctly. I have more on it but I'll have to go and get the book for it. Let me know if you want the info. Also, there is still a few openings on the charter we are taking out there on the 28th if anyone is interested, pm me for more info.

awwww man

i'd love to go, but have other dives scheduled every weekend until November.

maybe next spring i'll have to make a run up to the lakes to check out the wrecks.

Brad

=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom