N Monastery 2/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KRL1973

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Viz was about 40ft 1st dive reduced to 30ft on second dive in the pm. Slight surge present down to 35fsw perfectly calm below that. Small swell made shore entry from the beach just north of Monastery possable. Found a nice shallow reef and passed over a sandy slope to a second deeper reef (90-100fsw) that was devoid of kelp but had lots of life.

Lots of Rockfish of differnt kinds including several vermillion, lingcod (a couple of real monsters), greenling. Saw a big (about 6" long) shrimp in the sand and lots of different nudibranchs.

Couple of very nice dives and a fabulous day at the beach.

Took some video that I'll post a link to later.

Ken L

Ken,

That is awesome, we dove the barge and it was nice to explore it out there in the deep part of BW. But the viz was actually better in the shallows than it was in the deep side by about 10 feet. Lots of whale snout is what I call it out at the barge, but still just an awesome day to dive.

Looking forward to your video later....

MG

Viz was about 40ft 1st dive reduced to 30ft on second dive in the pm. Slight surge present down to 35fsw perfectly calm below that. Small swell made shore entry from the beach just north of Monastery possable. Found a nice shallow reef and passed over a sandy slope to a second deeper reef (90-100fsw) that was devoid of kelp but had lots of life.

Lots of Rockfish of differnt kinds including several vermillion, lingcod (a couple of real monsters), greenling. Saw a big (about 6" long) shrimp in the sand and lots of different nudibranchs.

Couple of very nice dives and a fabulous day at the beach.

Took some video that I'll post a link to later.

Ken L

Here is the video link:
YouTube - NNMonestary2_12_11.mov

Puuting the video together I was reminded on the exceptional number and diversity of nudibranchs I observed on a single dive.

Stats for the dive:
60minutes
Max depth: 104fsw
Avg depth: 54fsw

That looked like an excellent dive! Thanks for posting the video. I've never seen a shrimp like that before, and you're right you saw a lot of really cool nudibranchs!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom