New UTD rig, thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find it odd that the butt dump is on the right. Seems strange to relocate such a crucial item - one for which I have developed strong muscle-memory - simply to accommodate moving the inflation attach joint.

I wonder if there will be doubles wings coming out in the same configuration, or whether this will be a disconnect between singles and doubles diving.

Is that an elastic cover on the wing/bladder? Otherwise, how would you be able to empty the wing in vertical position (I'm wondering since it was emphasized as a feature).

Henrik

I think it's posted in the wrong forum :wink:
I looked, but there wasn't a recreational gimmick dive gear forum, not sure where else to post this?

I don't get why using the left sided butt dump was a "problem".
Same with having a bigger steel tank wing (for a single) and a tiny batwing type wing if you went to the tropics.

I don't get why using the left sided butt dump was a "problem".

I think the real problem you're asking about isn't having the butt dump on the left, it's having the inflator attach at the top.

Very odd indeed. How bout someone call them for an explanation before the thread goes to 80+ posts with speculation. :D

Last edited:
It looks like a gear solution to a skills problem to me. It also seems that now with a single / double disconnect, the previous UTD tennant that training was modular and progressive, seems to be out the door. Unless of course they plan to change their doubles wing too.
It seems to me that over the last year or so UTD has been transitioning from a teaching agency to a gear marketing agency.
But that's just my opinion. YMMV.
K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom