Big Sur Banks Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhlee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In the spirit of posting more about actual diving, I wanted to share some pictures from the weekend diving here in Monterey. We had an unseasonably calm weekend of weather which stayed just long enough to allow the BAUE tech charter on Sunday to sneak down to Big Sur banks to get in a dive at a site called SUR19. We found very little current and murky viz on above 100', but below 100' viz opened up nicely to about 50' with noticeable surge. We spent 45 minutes circling the two little pinnacles marvelling at the amazing hydrocoral and playing with the schools of blue rockfish.

Some pics below, but the rest can be found here.

DSC_1936.jpg

DSC_1919.jpg

DSC_1959.jpg

As hitting SUR19 in February wasn't enough, we put in a second dive at a very surgey Lobos Rocks.

Dive 3 was into a plate of tacos and chips at La Tortuga :D

What a way to start off the dive year!

You know, making Allison dress to match the hydrocoral is a bit over the top, Rob! :D

Lovely photos, as always, and makes me want to look at the calendar and figure out when the next time I can get to Monterey is.

Dive 3 was into a plate of tacos and chips at La Tortuga :D

Mmm, La Tortuga... 9 out of 10 Betos agree - La Tortuga is the perfect choice for every meal! :rofl3:

Awesome pictures, as always. Between you and Clinton, I've got all the photographic motivation I need (and then some) to keep me working towards a tech pass/T1 in 2012. :D

Big Sur is one of my favorite places in California and you have shown me there is a lot of beauty under the water as well as above.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom