Egypt Travel update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crowley

Master Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The UK has completely lifted its travel advisory...
Germany still has a warning for Cairo, Alex., Suez etc., but has cleared travel to Red Sea destinations!

YES!!!!:D:D

Would appreciate it if others could post here about their own countries. German I can manage, but I'm sorry I don't speak any of the Scandinavian languages!

Cheers

Happy Crowley

Last edited:
The Dutch ministry of foreign affairs maintains a negative travel advisory for Egypt, but added an exception for the red sea tourist destinations on monday.

Nothing was issued from the Egyptian ministry of foreign affairs :)

Do we even have a ministry of foreign affairs any more? :D :D

Edit - remainder of post removed after Canary Island advertisment was removed!

Last edited:
Sweden and Denmark have lifted the negative travel advise. Now we need the tour operators to start flying again. Last thing I heard was that the package holidays from Scandinavia would be cancelled until end of April.

...a...

Sweden and Denmark have lifted the negative travel advise. Now we need the tour operators to start flying again. Last thing I heard was that the package holidays from Scandinavia would be cancelled until end of April.

...a...

Welcome back dude! :D

I heard the same thing but if the restrictions are removed, the tour operators will start pushing the government. Late in the season for scandinavia now but I'm hopefully a few will swing by before summer starts

Good news!

My travel agent tells me the operators have assigned the aircraft to other destinations for the Winter breaks and Easter holidays, there is little demand for Egypt now. The next marker will be the Pentecost holiday period .

Norway as well lifted the restrictions, some flights to resume in march, other tour operators will wait until spring.

Was in Cairo covering events during the first week of the revolution, glad to see things are back on track, hopefully also for the serious and reputable part of the eg. dive industry.

Ireland says this, as of 20/02/11: Irish citizens are advised to avoid non-essential travel to Cairo, Alexandria and Suez and to exercise extreme caution in all other areas of Egypt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom