wanting to dive lake martin this spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markknight

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm interested in diving lake Martin this spring, I'm not sure where is the best part of the lake to dive. Please let me know about the lake and if your needing a dive buddy to go with you.

I grew up in Wetumpka Al. I'm familiar with Lake Martin but have never dove there. Where is the best area to dive, are there anything interesting to see. I also need a dive buddy if anyone is interested, let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mark, I won't be much help on the local knowledge, but I do have a suggestion. If you posted this message in the Deep Dixie Divers Forum (in the geographical forums) you will probably get a better response. I used the search function in DDD, with Lake Martin as the criteria & got a lot of hits.

Best of luck.

Hey Mark,
You can do a shore dive right next to Sinclair's. Diving the rubble of the old Kowaliga Bridge. It's a nice dive. By boat, chinmney rock is cool, too.
We'll definitely do some when it warms up a bit! Right now it's in the 50's! brrrr.

I'd like to dive there too. Let me know when and I'm in.

Hey Lance, I am about to dry out...the cold temps are not going to keep me at bay much longer...I am looking to get some bottom time in within the next few weeks...all others are welcome.

count me in

Would also like to dive Lake Martin with others who have familiarity with the sites. Probably need to invest in cold conditions gear though. I typically dive in water >68F.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom