Camera on King Cruiser Wreck, Phuket, Thailand ($500 REWARD)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milkphish

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On Feb. 9, 2011, I lost a digital camera (Canon Digital ELPH SD-1000) in an underwater case while diving. The camera was lost on the King Cruiser shipwreck on Phuket, Thailand at approximately 75 feet in heavy current. The camera is probably resting somewhere in the hull or within a 200 meter radius of the ship in the sand. The hull begins at approximately 66 feet (22 meters), and the sand is at approximately 99 feet (33 meters).

A quick 20 min. search with 2 divers on Nitrox (including myself) revealed nothing. I believe the camera may be on the PORT side of the ship. The pictures contained on the media card (4 GB) are very important to me and there is a HANDSOME reward if the camera is returned.

Any leads are welcome!

Thanks for your help!

Good Luck!!!
Yep, wishing you the same. I did a lot of no loss dives with sinkers but I finally got an orange float strap for when I dive one without a strobe. My new dive camera is a floater, but black still - so I think I will use the strap with it if I dive it without strobe. Narrows down the searching area if you hurry.

Divers are great people, good luck with safe return..........

Back
Top Bottom