PDA

View Full Version : How many regulators do you own?

NitroxScott
February 20th, 2011, 02:51 AM
My Ex would ask how many regulators I needed. I never had that answer. So I am curious as to how many others have and your favorite of them. I have 7 and my favorite that I use is my T2x. But I do have a Black Pearl in the box and just cant bring myself to use it...YET.. someday I will.

Thalassamania
February 20th, 2011, 03:26 AM
A couple of dozen.

Ste Wart
February 20th, 2011, 05:56 AM
4 First Stages
5 2nd Stages.

Hmm let me think...

2 x XTX 200 1st & 2nd (Back Gas Regs)
1 x TX 50 1st & 2nd (Deco Reg)
1 x Aqualung Calypso 2nd stage only
1 x ScubaPro MK18: still in box as I need to get in O2 cleaned.

All the above are DIN as there is no other fitting worth using IMHO. ;)

Chuckitall
February 20th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Atomics T2 & B2, Apeks Black Pearl, and Aqualung legend LX. Use all of them, but constantly go back to T2 because of weight. Of course all in Din.

JKPAO
February 20th, 2011, 06:03 AM
A dozen total, (first and second stage)
See you topside! John

ajduplessis
February 20th, 2011, 06:46 AM
2X MK25/S600 -tropical doubles and rec dives
2X Apeks Tek3 with TX50's - tec doubles
2X Apeks DS4 with TX50's - stages/deco

Everthing is DIN

tstormdiver
February 20th, 2011, 06:54 AM
5- MK25/S600's- 1 rec. set for me (2 S600's), 1 for my dad, 2 for my doubles & 1 stage bottle reg.
1- Hollis O2 regulator.

sharkpoop
February 20th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Four sets of Apeks.

Two sets of Sherwood.

One US Divers.

My wife doesn't ask how many sets of regs I need and I don't ask how many pairs of shoes she needs.

Dean

scubafanatic
February 20th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Hmmm, counting only fully assembled, dive ready, compete reg sets (single tank diving):

(2) Apeks XTX 200s (yoke, although have DIN conversion kits on hand for them)
(1) Atomic M1 (DIN with Titanium yoke adapter/sealed)
(1) Atomic T2 (DIN with Titanium yoke adapter/sealed)
(2) Aqualung Titan LX (1-yoke/ 1 DIN with Titanium yoke adapter/enviro-sealed)
(1) Mares Ruby (yoke, upgraded to dry-sealed 1st-stage, tri-material HP 'seat')
(1) Mares MR16 Voltrex (DIN with yoke adapter)
(1) Poseidon Jetstream (DIN with yoke adapter)

Add for double tank diving:

(4) Poseidon Jetstreams (DIN with yoke adapter)

Add for ongoing 2011 reg projects:

(2) Aqualung Titan LX (presently yoke) in the middle of assembling all the components to build them up to complete reg sets (already have some MIFLEX, cold-water kits, DIN kits, one Apex Egress octo, some SS clips, Seacures, SPG's....still needing more SS clips/MIFLEX/ Atomic swivel hoses.)

....and I'm not going to bother counting my twin hose vintage regs, and some surplus Poseidon and Mares regs/components in storage or for sale.

My main focus for 2011 is no more regs (stop the madness!) but upgrading more existing units with more Atomic Cobalts.

VooDooGasMan
February 20th, 2011, 11:45 AM
1 Royal Aqua Master - 2 stage balanced regulator
1 Scuba Pro MK 7, adj 109
2 U S divers Aquarius matching, set for twin 50's

Thats what I started out with. Now I have scuba pro regs many of them.

I do have an atomic, OMS, beachuet, seaquest, sherwood, oceanreef full face mask.

I have gotten rid of alot of reg sets that I have gotten and practice rebuiling them, parts hard to find.

Now I have sets for twins, single tanks, deco stages, o2 stages, pony bottles.

I have over 2 dozen that I use, Thats enough.

Happy Diving

dkktsunami
February 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Nine, I think...... I need to cut back.

scubafanatic
February 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
maybe we could start a new reality TV show: "Regulator Hoarding" ?

JBRES1
February 20th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Too many !!!!
Be prepared is my motto, oh wait thats the Boy Scouts.
Old habbits die hard.
I have (4) singles set ups, (1) doubles set up , and (3) pony set ups with extra seconds if needed.

Jim

616fun
February 20th, 2011, 12:32 PM
If I reply to this thread my wife might actually realize how many I own an cut me off!

drbill
February 20th, 2011, 12:37 PM
One for each mouth.

Seriously, two yoke and one DIN of the Mk10/G250s and one Mk2+/G250 for my pony. I like to have a spare when one is in for service.

PfcAJ
February 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I've got about 10. 8 are stage regs, and the other two are for the backgas. I've also got some spare 2nd stages layin around.

ZenDiver.3D
February 20th, 2011, 12:46 PM
8 sets of my own.
The rest are my shops, so I can't count them. But I can use them...... :cool2:

ZKY
February 20th, 2011, 12:48 PM
If you know how many reg sets you have then you don't have enough.

Nemrod
February 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I don't know, about 50 or maybe 60, maybe 70. People keep giving me these old things because they heard I like old diving equipment. Unfortunately, for me, is that their idea of old is usually a new regulator still in production. Then a dive shop was throwing away a bunch, I took them all. I figure I can at least give them a decent burial and spare them the indignity of a dumpster dive.

N

diddydidit
February 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I only have five
Two MK25 s600's
Two Dive Rite 3100 series as stage regs
One Dive Rite 1208 1st and 1210 second for my o2 deco bottle

Damselfish
February 20th, 2011, 01:14 PM
5 1sts, 6 2nds (after I sold 4 2nds awhile back.) Might also have a vintage set that snuck into the house when I wasn't looking.

I'm a rec diver, how does this happen?

Downing
February 20th, 2011, 02:22 PM
The kids are grown and out of the house, so we're downsizing as we get ready to sell our barn of a house and move into something smaller, cheaper and easier to maintain.

I recently traded two regs and some other gear for a new BC.

So now my wife and I have one reg each.

scubafanatic
February 20th, 2011, 06:56 PM
The kids are grown and out of the house, so we're downsizing as we get ready to sell our barn of a house and move into something smaller, cheaper and easier to maintain.

I recently traded two regs and some other gear for a new BC.

So now my wife and I have one reg each.

...ah, the voice of sanity! :) For me, it's not so much the basic 1st/2nd stages that are so expensive, it's all the upgrades (MIFLEX/Atomic swivel hoses, and especially the A. I. computers) that run up the 'real world' costs of a fully complete reg set.

halocline
February 20th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Way too many, and yet somehow still not enough.

BB1
February 20th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I have 5 1st's, 6 2nd's - all HOG

1 set for doubles
1 set for singles
2 deco/stage sets

superstar
February 20th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Don't confuse wants with needs. I only need one, I have 9, I want one more, a twin hose.

ZKY
February 20th, 2011, 07:53 PM
The bottom line is you can only dive one at a time, unless you are a tech diver and then it could be 4 hooked up on one dive.
I think half of the joy of diving is the dive itself and the second part of the joy is fondling, hugging, and petting your dive gear.

It would be intersting to find out who is the biggest reg hoarder on earth and see what they have. I wonder if they are a member of SB?

CAVDVR93538
February 20th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I have 7
2 for warm caves
2 for cold sidemount
1 for stage
1 for O2 bottle
1 for single tank/ open water

scubafanatic
February 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
The bottom line is you can only dive one at a time, unless you are a tech diver and then it could be 4 hooked up on one dive.
I think half of the joy of diving is the dive itself and the second part of the joy is fondling, hugging, and petting your dive gear.

It would be intersting to find out who is the biggest reg hoarder on earth and see what they have. I wonder if they are a member of SB?

...I'm sure the winner of the biggest reg hoarder contest is over on 'thedecostop.com', that crowd will blow away pretty much everyone 'over here' with respect to 'excessive toyz factor '!

BabyDuck
February 20th, 2011, 08:35 PM
i *own* a singles set and a doubles set.

BUT - i use another set for doubles, a set for sidemount, one for deco, a couple for stages...and i'm nowhere close to wiping my bf out of regs. he's one of the aforementioned hoarders - known here as da aquamaster. he must have 50 or so just himself.

Cave Diver
February 20th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Off the top of my head, close to a dozen, but who's counting? :)

mdb
February 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I'm with Cave Diver. I've had lots over the years but about a dozen in the current locker.

Doc Ed
February 20th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Don't confuse wants with needs. I only need one, I have 9, I want one more, a twin hose.

I've got 9 as well, and also wanted a double-hose.

Now I've got one DH on its way :D

vladimir
February 20th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Suburbanites--it must be nice to have a garage and a basement. If you guys lived in Hong Kong you'd have to rethink your hoarding habits--this place makes NYC look cheap. I have one first stage and two second stages here in HK, and a backup in a storage bin in Pennsylvania. Which is not much of a backup, being an 18-hour flight away.

CAPTAIN SINBAD
February 20th, 2011, 09:32 PM
One Atomic Z2. Why would people want more? Would you guys not spend the money diving? Just curious ...

mdb
February 20th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Regs accumulated over 40 years of diving-just kept the favorites.

superstar
February 20th, 2011, 09:39 PM

lucky

superstar
February 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I have a b-bay coming up, maybee I'll get lucky and get a double hose.

Jimmer
February 20th, 2011, 10:06 PM
One Atomic Z2. Why would people want more? Would you guys not spend the money diving? Just curious ...

Well part of the fun for gadget nuts is the actual collection. The other part is that 1 reg is literally not enough for the dives some of us do.

I've cut my collection way down lately, I only have about a dozen currently.

Jim

rivers
February 20th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I have 2 first stages and 4 second. An aqualung titan with abs octo that is going to my girlfriend and a set of hog d1 cold water

Bill eubanks
February 20th, 2011, 10:24 PM
4 poseidons 2 jets 2 cyclones 1 dive rite rg3000 deco reg 1 highland argon love em all

awap
February 20th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Counting the Mk7/Pilot that should arrive this week..... I don't know and I'm not going to risk getting caught counting.

Plus she has one set.

KY
February 20th, 2011, 10:54 PM
first stages about 7

second stages about 11

tflaris
February 20th, 2011, 10:55 PM
10 sets (MK25 S600) 1 set (MK25 D400) 1 set MK25T/S600 and 2 first stages (MK17)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr Wu
February 20th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Twenty three.

ZKY
February 20th, 2011, 11:31 PM

Oh dude!
I don't think you know what you got yourself into starting with double hose regs. It becomes a disease that requires treatment.
The only treatment is more double hoses, but the problem is they aren't always available all the time (the one you are jonesing for) and it'll leave you talking to yourself and staring at the ceiling at night.
You should have consulted one of us about it first, we could have coached you on what to expect and how to deal with it.

After you get good and hooked you'll have to join our DA support group (Doub-Anon)

aquaregia
February 21st, 2011, 03:18 AM
2x SP Mk5, 1x SP Mk10, 4x SP 109

My spare gear's an Aqualung Calypso and a Dacor Pacer.

Doc Ed
February 21st, 2011, 05:16 AM
I have a b-bay coming up, maybee I'll get lucky and get a double hose.

Well, you can drop heavy hints to you significant other, or you can go over to the vintage equipment divers (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/vintage-equipment-diving/369596-getting-started-vintage-diving.html) forum for help on that :D

My worry is that if you read threads by other vintage divers, you'll realize that one DH may not be enough.

BlueWaterDiving
February 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
This is just a hand full of my regs ScubaBoard Gallery - My G250 Family (http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=4674)

diverlee
February 21st, 2011, 08:51 AM
2 Atomics
3 Sherwoods
8 DiveRites
All are great regs. Different ones for different types of diving.
Side mount, OW single tank, Double set ups, Stages.

Tortuga68
February 21st, 2011, 09:49 AM
Let's see... 9 first stages, and uh 14 seconds. All Apeks

I want one more 1st for my second set of doubles - and should probably sell a couple of seconds

Who wants to swap a black FSR for a couple of ATX40s??

Damn, I think I need another SPG or two...

couv
February 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
If you know how many reg sets you have then you don't have enough.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. But I've been selling off some of my fleet keeping only the same brand 1st stage and 2nd stages in order have a more manageable parts inventory.

LakeCountyDiver
February 21st, 2011, 04:21 PM
I have 3 MK10/G250 but could ALWAYS USE more:D

ZKY
February 21st, 2011, 06:26 PM
Here's my current list:

Scubapro MK20/G200B
Scubapro MK2/R190
Scubapro MK5/109 BA (mint)
Scubapro MK3/108 (not working)
Aqualung Conshelf VI (not working)
Aqualung DA Aquamaster double hose (mint)
Healthways "Scuba" double hose (working)

Sold on fleabay and also gave away:
A whole box of assorted Dacor stuff.
A sherwood Brut.

When things pick up in spring I'm going on another double hose buying spree and I also need another metal face 2nd stage for my MK5.

LeadTurn_SD
February 21st, 2011, 11:07 PM
You can never have too many regulators.... That is until your wife sees them all at the same time :eek: ....

And asks, when did you get all of these???!!!

I've since learned to only have one set out on the kitchen table for servicing at a time.... :D

I have 9 sets (I think that is correct :dontknow: ).

I obiously need more.

Best wishes.

Texfrazer
February 22nd, 2011, 10:53 AM
You can never have too many regulators.... That is until your wife sees them all at the same time :eek: .....

Now that is the truth!

I made that mistake a little while ago and now she's eyeing the mail a little more closely....

knowone
February 22nd, 2011, 04:25 PM
Counting the Mk7/Pilot that should arrive this week..... I don't know and I'm not going to risk getting caught counting.

Plus she has one set.

Great, I have seen you are as smart as you sound
But at six seconds you must be getting old as well
It is good to not tell, as white lies love will abound
When the time sands flow what we know goes well

Oh yeah, before the sun comes up and :goingdown:and up again

A couple of first ever locally made single hose rigs
A couple of double hose rigs
A couple of later single hose rigs
A couple of rough water shore rigs
A couple of boat rigs
A couple of deep rigs.
A couple of deep deep rigs
A couple of DIR rigs

Hot and cold flavors

A sidemount harness build in progress :dontknow:<Halemano's sig.
I like Halemano.

It's called the No Pfutzing Swapping Around Second Hand System
testing as you are rinsing reassemble no more touching and then
ready to load and go

Alas, sadly only one spine.
But it's strong.

Zung
February 22nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
I didn't have that many
Until I found this board
And now I've got plenty
Luckily my closet's broad

I think: 1 MK2, 1 MK5, 3 MK10, 5 MK20, 1 MK25, 5 G250, 1 R190, 1 R290, 1 R295, 2 AIR2, 3 109/BA, 1 M5, 1 AL Supra, 1 AL XL

awap
February 22nd, 2011, 07:25 PM
Poetry? Are we supposed to be doing poetry?

I've had nothing but bad luck with poetry. One Valentines Day my wife was hinting for a Diamond Ring. Wouldn't you know it, I went to the Florist on the 13th and they were too busy to mess with it so I went to the department store and bought a box of the best looking artificial roses I have ever seen. That evening, I decided I probably should also go with a card so I made my own:

Diamonds are forever
Roses can be too
Diamonds are expensive
These roses are for you

Now I hope I have heard the last
Of your griping, complaining and bitching
Because these roses are the best
Silk and plastic and stitching

It was not well received but she is a saint.
But I'm still not going to drag out about 3 dozen regulators and count them.

couv
February 22nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
There is this reg from Nantucket,
With a hose so long you could tuck it.
It may look like heck,
wrapped all around your neck,
But easier for your buddy to pluck it.

When my wife and I first got married, we met a fellow who owned the operation where we were renting a canoe. During the process we mentioned we were newlyweds so this gentleman offered free marital advice. He assured us he knew what he was talking about as he had been married 3 times. I forgot what his advice was, but never-the-less I have some free advice for my SB friends.

Sell some of your lot. When you do, mention it to your better half. Look Dear, I just made $75 on eBay. Look Dear, I just made $125 on eBay selling these old regulators I fixed up. Look Dear....I bought this junk on eBay for $5, rebuilt it and made $70. If she ever discovers your stash...."uh, why yes Dear, you know that's my hobby; buying junk, fixing it up and re-selling it. Why it's more than payed for itself a few times over!"

I've only been married two times so far.

Rhone Man
February 22nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
My Ex would ask how many regulators I needed. I never had that answer. So I am curious as to how many others have and your favorite of them. I have 7 and my favorite that I use is my T2x. But I do have a Black Pearl in the box and just cant bring myself to use it...YET.. someday I will.

You can never have too many regulators.... That is until your wife sees them all at the same time :eek: ....

And asks, when did you get all of these???!!!

I've since learned to only have one set out on the kitchen table for servicing at a time.... :D

I have just the seven. I have a couple that my wife doesn't know about, but I suspect when they grown older and I have to interact with them more, she will find out eventually.

ZKY
February 22nd, 2011, 10:14 PM
What's wrong with you guys?

My wife won't dare confront me about my scuba hobby.
All I have to do is point out her Macy's, dermstore, and Ugg bill to start with, and all the clothes, jewelry and shoes she has.

We're not anywhere close to even.

blueseal
February 23rd, 2011, 04:05 AM
-Zeagle DSV(DIN)/HOG D2 2nd stage/ScubaPro R295 octo :)

-ScubaPro MK17(DIN)/G250V

-ScubaPro MK25(DIN)/A700

Good day!

Doc Ed
February 23rd, 2011, 05:50 AM
Sell some of your lot. When you do, mention it to your better half. Look Dear, I just made $75 on . Look Dear, I just made $125 on eBay selling these old regulators I fixed up. Look Dear....I bought this junk on eBay for $5, rebuilt it and made $70. If she ever discovers your stash...."uh, why yes Dear, you know that's my hobby; buying junk, fixing it up and re-selling it. Why it's more than payed for itself a few times over!"

I've only been married two times so far.

I've been doing exactly that, making a big to-do about selling off my other scuba stuff. Unfortunately, since I'm getting a double-hose reg, she's bound to notice the difference from the rest of the other regs :P

TSandM
February 23rd, 2011, 08:12 AM
Well, I think between the two of us, we're up to about 30 right now -- but that's because we're switching the herd to all HOG, and we bought the new ones and haven't sold any of the old ones yet!

Jai Bar
February 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
I've got eight full regulator sets

couv
February 23rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Well, I think between the two of us, we're up to about 30 right now -- but that's because we're switching the herd to all HOG, and we bought the new ones and haven't sold any of the old ones yet!

Some form of "folie a deux" .... (Leaned that from the X-Files) :D

Lynne, I hope you get a handful of kits and join us in the DIY section. By the way, Spring & early Summer brings the best prices.

Doc Harry
February 24th, 2011, 12:04 AM
8 first stages
10 second stages

Would like to sell my Mares regulator set

Ouvea
February 24th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Owned way too many but kept one of my oldest.

Mares MR12 Navy
Sherwood Oasis
Mares V16 Voltrex
Mares V32 Proton
Mares LE Metal Proton
US Divers Micra

I only have the LE Metal Proton and the Micra regulator as of now. Planning on selling the Mares Proton soon. The Micra, which I have owned for over ten years, remains my favorite in terms of performance and ergonomics. AquaLung better keep making service parts!!

C.

awap
February 24th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I am tempted to report this thread to a mod. It is likely to cause nothing but problems and needs to be removed.

She is out so I decided to try a count. I found 23 1st stages and 33 2nd stages. So already the problems are starting. This count reflects a rather severe imbalance in the very seam of nature and may take swift and decisive action to correct. And, somehow, I keep thinking I might have missed a few.

couv
February 24th, 2011, 10:25 PM
....hmmm, The Master dives with a slung pony. By my reckoning, you are short 11 second stages. Better start bidding now before the prices go up.

drdaddy
February 25th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Brrrr - It's too cold to go out in the garage and in the truck to count them.

Off hand I'd guess 10 with 7 fully functioning.

Sherwood Oasis
Sherwood Oasis (newer, but I like older better)
Sherwood Maximus
AquaLung Titus (on Pony)
3 AquaLung Conshelfs
3 AquaLung Conshelfs - need rebuilding

halocline
February 25th, 2011, 10:08 AM
She is out so I decided to try a count. I found 23 1st stages and 33 2nd stages.

Yep, you have a problem. When are you getting a PRAM?

nes999
February 26th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Im just curious whats the advantage of having so many regulators? i could see haveing a spare if yours malfuctions buts hearing people with a dozen plus just seems werid.

Nemrod
February 26th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Im just curious whats the advantage of having so many regulators? i could see haveing a spare if yours malfuctions buts hearing people with a dozen plus just seems werid.

People who have been divers for many years often wind up with many regulators. Technology and requirements change, different types of diving are undertaken. Tech diving for example, between stages and doubles and spares, it is easy to have a half dozen or more for that undertaking. Since most regulators have little residual value, often the older one is just tossed in the closet when a new one is purchased. Do that a few times and again you can have built quite a collection. Which brings up the final consideration, some people simply collect them for no good reason other than they want to. As I said, I am often given, free, perfectly good regulators that otherwise might be thrown away.

N

awap
February 26th, 2011, 11:21 PM

It is a sickness. There is no rational excuse for it. But once you get to where you can service them yourself, they can be so cheap it is hard to stop. I am a regaholic and I need help. I bought one last week that I really needed (not). I swore that was it.

But I just checked ebay for one I have my eye on. Help me.

BTW, I bought 3 Scubapro metal 2nds for $15 including shipping. All have been restored and are diveable. Some are just too hard to resist.

ECpirates96
February 26th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Scubapro MK 16 with S550
Scubapro MK 17 with S555
Scubapro MK 25 with S600

HOG D1 1st with 2 D1 seconds

I feel another D1 in my near future for the doubles setup

halocline
February 27th, 2011, 01:06 AM

Weird? Excessive? Pointless? What do you think hobbies are about, anyway? :D

Zung
February 27th, 2011, 03:47 AM
I think we all need professional help.
Can we start a group therapy ASAP?

knowone
February 27th, 2011, 04:35 AM

Acquiring the scratchings and splashings of some flea bitten unhygienic
psychosis induced dude, on canvas, is probably a far wiser investment

however

manufacturer excluded free parts for your life capability is far more appealing.

windtech
February 27th, 2011, 09:11 AM

and i thought this was group therapy:D

ive got three sets
2 bruts
1 zeagle fh7 this is my primary reg looking to get more.

and can some one tell me why it cost so much to service some regs. i had one years ago that the cost was 2/3 of the cost of a new one. (i dont remember what it was i just remembered that it was costly.)

i dont think its about how many you have its about how many you use.

on the wife note. if my wife ever knows what i spend on scuba equipment. i think i would be looking for a new wife. she is not a diver so she does not see the need for the added expense of buying so much gear. good i love her. but sometimes she doesn't get it.

james croft
February 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I have dozens-from double hosers to tech.

awap
February 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM

Yes, yes. Perhaps we should band together and undertake therapeutic activities. I'll bet servicing regulators would be good therapy.

deepstops
February 27th, 2011, 11:41 AM
First stages:
7 Apeks US4s
1 USDivers SEA4
1 ColtriSub (generic)

Second stages:
2 Apeks TX50s
5 Apeks TX40s
2 Apeks T20s
2 USD Micras
2 Coltri (generics)

nes999
February 27th, 2011, 02:35 PM
People who have been divers for many years often wind up with many regulators. Technology and requirements change, different types of diving are undertaken. Tech diving for example, between stages and doubles and spares, it is easy to have a half dozen or more for that undertaking. Since most regulators have little residual value, often the older one is just tossed in the closet when a new one is purchased. Do that a few times and again you can have built quite a collection. Which brings up the final consideration, some people simply collect them for no good reason other than they want to. As I said, I am often given, free, perfectly good regulators that otherwise might be thrown away.

N

i feel dumb now i should have figured that out myself.
Im sure this time next year ill be able to say "yeah i got half dozen and ebaying another one tonight." Note to self: get certified first ask questions later.

Nemrod
February 27th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Im sure this time next year ill be able to say "yeah i got half dozen and ebaying another one tonight." Note to self: get certified first ask questions later.

No reason to feel dumb, it was an innocent question. Good luck with your scuba adventures.

N

Splitlip
February 27th, 2011, 04:51 PM
4 first stages and 7 second stages.

rec diver. (not wreck diver)

Edit: 2 Scubapro mk 600's w/ G250 and R600.

Mares MR 12 with 2nd Rebel stage and an old USD Conshelf w/ 2nd. a USD Calypso 2nd, R190 2nd and an SS1 (does that count :))

knowone
February 27th, 2011, 05:27 PM

Asking questions first helps you get certified faster sooner better.

LONGER

Airleron
February 27th, 2011, 05:59 PM
5 sets at the moment:

2 aqualung titans
1 mares abyss
1 conshelf
1 DA Aquamaster (phoenix)
Now that I have a double hose, I definately need more of those.

I'm not into shoes, clothes, etc. I am perfectly OK spending $$$$ on cool dive stuff and I expect my husband to do the same. He better share though........OK I'm not sharing my 2 hoser with him. He has to get his own.....:D

Lisa

NAUIwowee
February 28th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Three. SP MK25/G250V, SP MK3/108HP, and a USD Conshelf SE2.

Centrals
March 25th, 2011, 02:06 AM
1st stage:
Apeks DS-4 x 2, DST x 1, FSR x 1, US-1 x 1 and US-4 x 1

2nd stage:
Apeks TX-50 x 1 , TX-40 x 1, ATX-20 x 1 and T-20 x 2

chile7236
March 25th, 2011, 04:57 AM
MK11/S555 & Titan LX....for now.

copter53
March 27th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Just my z2 plus a slimline octo. I thought only the more advanced divers answered this so I thought I would give you a little avg joe.

ZenDiver.3D
March 27th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Okay, I have a philosophical question here. Since I bought them, can I count my son, now 16 and daughter, now 13's reg sets as mine? Justin has 4, Haley has 3. Technically I can claim them too , along with mine, right?

Don't tell them I said that. They may hide them from me......

oh oh! I just got my new Flatheads in. 2 sets. Can't wait to play with them.

NAUIwowee
March 27th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Three. SP MK25/G250V, SP MK3/108HP, and a USD Conshelf SE2.
Just added another one. Picked up a SP MK2/R190 pony bottle rig from ECPirate. That gives me four.

awap
March 27th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Okay, I have a philosophical question here. Since I bought them, can I count my son, now 16 and daughter, now 13's reg sets as mine? Justin has 4, Haley has 3. Technically I can claim them too , along with mine, right?

Don't tell them I said that. They may hide them from me......

oh oh! I just got my new Flatheads in. 2 sets. Can't wait to play with them.

Sure, you are the one paying for servicing them - right?

ZKY
March 27th, 2011, 10:19 AM
My fleet just grew by two since this thread started.

I now have:

3 - MK5/109
1 - MK3/108
1 - MK2/R190
1 - MK20/G200B
1 - Conshelf
1 - DA Aquamaster
1 - Healthways "Scuba" DH

And they all work now...

GillScales
March 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM
My collection

5 x USD Conshelfs
3 x Zeagles
1 x mk25 g250hp
1 x dive rite rg 2500
1 x DA Aquamaster (saving for a phoenix nozzle)

wow 11 regs, guess my black rifle disease is getting a run for its money.:cool2:

Krazytomdiver
March 27th, 2011, 12:21 PM
As a dive guide,I dive/work with 2 1/2 regs;Scubapro Mk25/S600,R395,and a Air/2.
By the way....What's a wife???

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

awap
March 27th, 2011, 12:32 PM
By the way....What's a wife???

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

It is a lot like a dive buddy but it works all the time, not just when you are diving.;)

Searcaigh
March 27th, 2011, 12:52 PM
My old Mares MR3 Mk 12 died last month when I took it for servicing, was leaking a little bit and thought a new HP seat was needed, turned out the cost of repair with parts was going to be more than a new reg, so it has been replaced with a Scuba Pro Mk 2 / R295 to live on my pony.

Primary reg is a Mares Abyss Titanium with over 10 years of service.

Picked up two brand new Mares MR42 first stages with Proton second stages for $300 each at a special sale 10 days ago, just could not resist the bargain, one will be for my daughter when we go off diving this summer.

BedoMedo
April 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM
does anyone have a set or two extra that would be will to sell and ship to europe ?
I have a friend that could use one badly...
PM me if you have anything..
thx all

Pullmyfinger
April 12th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I have a Poseidon Jetstream, and an Xstream on the way this week.
I also have three Dive Rite 3100's.

I previously owned an Aqualung Titan, and a couple of Scubapro Mk25/S600's.

I've narrowed it down to only Poseidon and Dive Rite regs.

-Mitch

JJEH
April 12th, 2011, 06:50 AM
I have a MK20 with an ScubaPro R380 and a R190 (aas).

Bedros A
April 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I have only 1....APEKS XTX200...the love of my life :D

Airleron
April 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Since my last post, I've added another DA Aquamaster to be rebuilt, a Jet Air (sweet) and everything I need to build my dream reg, a Voit 50 Fathom......

I really don't miss my single hoser. I'm sure it misses me......

List:

Aqualung Titan
Aqualung Titan LX
Mares Abyss
Conshelf
*PRAM
*DA Aquamaster
*Jet Air
*Voit 50 Fathom

Lisa

Mariana Monster
August 19th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Apeks Black Pearl
Apeks XTX Tungsten
Atomic T2X

eelnoraa
August 19th, 2011, 03:01 AM
1st stage: 1x Atomic T2 yoke , 1x MK25 din, 1x MK20 din
2nd stage: 1x Atomic B2, 1x HOG D1

will need 2 more 2nd soon.

Jim Lapenta
August 19th, 2011, 06:25 AM
I currently have 10. Will be selling some here in a month or two after I do the rebuilds on them. 2 Oceanic CDX5's- 1 with Delta 3 and one with GT3 (both will come with the DIN conversion kit). And a Scuba Pro Mk16 with 109 second. Also have an Oceanic DX4 with enviro kit with an Alpha 7 second.

Replacing them with HOG's.

Tommymac
August 21st, 2011, 11:50 PM
Aqua-Lung Legend LX Favorite
Hollis 212/DC2 Second favorite
Aeris ION/SEA 1st Metal detecting
Oceanic Omega/Conshelf 1st Metal detecting
Aqua-Lung SEA4 Lives in camper/save a dive kit

18 Double hose
Sportsways Collection

DA Aquamaster
August 22nd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Marci and I together have:

The tech/rec stuff,
4 Scubapro Mk 17 G250V side mount regs,
2 Scubapro Mk 17 G250V single tank regs,
8 Scubapro Mk 10+ G250 stage regs
2 Scubapro Mk 9 G250 deco regs
1 Scubapro Mk 8 deco reg
2 Scubapro Mk 3 first stages with OPVs set up as dry suit inflator regs

Some vintage stuff:

1 Voit (Faux) Fathom 50 double hose reg (repro case with Mistral internals)
2 Pheonix Royal Aquamaster double hose regs with Scubaporo R108 octos
1 US Divers Royal Aquamaster double hose reg with a Conshelf VI octo
2 US Divers DA Aquamaster double hose regs
1 US Divers DA Navy double hose reg
1 US Divers "Aqualung" double hose reg
1 US Divers DW Mistral double hose reg
1 US Divers Deep Star single hose reg
1 US Divers Conshelf 11
1 Scubapro MK 5 Pilot

And the following looking for good homes (freshly serviced with sale):

2 Scubapro Mk 15 X650s
2 Scubapro Mk 5 D400s
1 Mares MR 12 Axis (currently on e-bay)
3 or 4 D400 second stages
1 D300 second stage
1 or 2 R156 "Balanced Adjustable" second stages
2 or 3 R108 "High Performance" second stages
6 Scubapro Air 1 second stages

divrnr
December 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Let's see...

1 Beuchat VX-10 Iceberg
1 Beuchat VX-10
1 Mares MR-12
1 Dacor Pacer XL My first one...
1 Scubapro MK5/Balanced Adj. Circa 1987, works great! My 2nd one...
1 Scubapro MK20/D400/D300 Octo
1 Scubapro MK10+/D400/D350 Octo
1 US Divers Conshelf XII
1 GSD MK4 My 3rd one...

All are serviced and working except the GSD, I wish I could find parts for it though. My favorite has to be the MK20/D400 Darth Vader!!!

And since I got rid of the wife a few years ago I get to have as many as I want... hahahahaha!!!!!

TSandM
December 4th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Somebody asked, "Why do you have so many?"

Each of us has:

A singles reg setup
A doubles reg setup (that's two first and two second stages)
A deco reg setup
An argon reg setup
A pool reg setup

All get used on a fairly regular basis.

In addition, Peter has three (don't know how that happened) double hose regulators, which don't get used (one has never been wet, I think).

We have three or four singles reg setups for students.
And then we have a couple of regulators hanging around that were part of a big bulk purchase we made from a guy who used to instruct but wasn't doing it any more. He just wanted to get rid of everything at once, and the price was right.

ams511
December 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
You can never be too rich, too handsome, or have too many regs!

chile7236
December 18th, 2011, 04:57 AM
3 x MK10 (2 w/BA-109 and 1 w/S555)
1 x MK5 w/109
1 x aquarius

contemplating getting another MK5 soon....

timakempton
August 25th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I just read this thread because I was feeling guilty. I had an accident 15 years ago and have only driven the boat since. Yet I have:

Dacor 950 with a pair of XL Pacers
Dacor 360 with a pair of XLE Pacers
MR12 with a Navy and a Beta
all fully serviced and ready to go

Plus a bag with 6 more Seconds and 5 firsts and various sets of gauges all serviced and ready to go...

I know this is sounds like madness but the ones in the bag do get occasional use as loaners and thanks to a recent surgery I hope to back in the water in about 6 months so them Dacors will be getting regular use again.

supergaijin
August 25th, 2012, 02:55 AM
1. Legend LX

ZKY
August 27th, 2012, 12:49 AM
In addition, Peter has three (don't know how that happened) double hose regulators, which don't get used (one has never been wet, I think).
Oh my god those things will kill you!
You're DIR trained so you should know that.
No long hose, SPG, bungeed second, or dry suit inflator ports, 'Oh Mother Mary and Heaven above!!!
You need to send those filthy things to me right away and rid your house of those evil implements of the devil my child.

Paulmal
August 27th, 2012, 12:56 AM
2x sheer wood SR1
1x OMS work horse
1x Atomic M1
2x Hollis 212 & DC1

And always looking to acquire more high quality regs at bargain prices.

Bubblehead628
August 27th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I sold off or traded a few all I have left are:
Scubapro MK25/S600/G250 - Main
Scubapro MK20/G250/G250 - Backup
US Divers Conshelf 20 (1st & 2nd) - Pony
US Divers Conshelf Supreme (1st & 2nd) - Pony Backup
Dacor Viper (1st & 2nd) - Dead Weight
Scubapro MK7 (1st) - Paper Weight

shoalsgary
July 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM
I have just one- a GSD S300. In forty years, it's never made me want to try another.

Paulmal
July 1st, 2013, 09:26 PM
I have 8 regs. Tec diving is demanding. 2 for back-gas, 2 for stage bottles, 2for deco bottles, one for argon, and one for the Wife.

beester
July 2nd, 2013, 05:03 AM
Just did a little inventory:

- 3x Scubapro MK17-G250v
- 1x Scubapro MK16-300
- 1x Scubapro MK2 - R109
- 1x Apeks DS4-XTX40
- 1x Spirotechnique Mistral (double hose reg)

All are used on regular basis although I need to get the mistral serviced again because the rather big membrane is a bit sticky.

Jim Lapenta
July 2nd, 2013, 05:35 AM
9 HOG 1st and 2nds
1 Edge Epic
1 Oceanic CDX 5 1st with a Sherwood Octo and Edge Primary
1 Oceanic DX4 w/enviro kit and alpha 7 second
1 US Divers SEA 2
Various second stages from US Divers, Sherwood, Oceanic.
Looking for a vintage double hose to use with my freedom plate and no wing.

buddhasummer
July 2nd, 2013, 05:58 AM
Apeks FSR/XTX 50s
Apeks DS4/ATX 50s
Atomic Z2s (trying to sell)

---------- Post added July 2nd, 2013 at 05:06 AM ----------

Apeks Black Pearl
Apeks XTX Tungsten
Atomic T2X

I want your job and accompanying salary.

agilis
July 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
11, but only 4 that I use even occasionally. A couple are ancient wall hangers, three exist for the fun and skill development of disassembling and reassembling, one is a future project ( I'm being optimistic here), one is an odd variant of what looks like an old SP but is not. I like to look at it , think about it.

Three of this group were inherited, given to me by widows of friends who don't dive anymore. This happens as you get older.

tplyons
July 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Two first stages and three second stages:

ScubaPro MK25 with S600 and R295 Octo for my back gas
ScubaPro MK2 with R295 for my pony bottle

Eric Sedletzky
July 2nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Looking for a vintage double hose to use with my freedom plate and no wing.
Go here: vintagedoublehose.com

BigDaddyHouseboater
July 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I have... 4, I think.
Beuchat VS Octo
2 each Scubapro R109 Balanced Adj.
Sherwood Brut.

Old school is the only school!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1