Is this a good time for Vandenburg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was thinking of coming over for a couple of days of diving on Vandenburg and was thinking if Beginning of March would be a good time? I have heard that this could be a very tricky dive and you can get conditions that are very good and then get conditions that are very bad depending on the "season." What exactly is meant by season in this case?

Thanks -

Sinbad

March and especially April are total crap shoots down here due to cold fronts still pushing down. If you do decide to come down it could be fabulous, and it could be 6'-10' seas.
Good luck to you.
Chug
Typically lets the gear dry out from April 1st to the end of May.

Cold fronts, at least the leading edge of them, is not so bad for the Vandy, as it is protected by the islands. It's that southeast wind in anticipation of the front that gets ya. The weather this winter has been very mild, kinda like 2005. I don't really want a repeat of 2005.

Cold fronts, at least the leading edge of them, is not so bad for the Vandy, as it is protected by the islands. It's that southeast wind in anticipation of the front that gets ya. The weather this winter has been very mild, kinda like 2005. I don't really want a repeat of 2005.

I was thinking the samething a few days ago.....Do we need to tie everything down now?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom