Tekna DV-3X Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Tekna DV-3X Scooter w/hard sided travel case and power charger. Battery is fine, compression check is good but needs tune-up or some other work as it runs extremely slow. I am not good at repairs and maintenance and have no one in my area who services them either so I've decided it is better to just sell it. I am asking $600 but will consider reasonable offers. The scooter is in the Northeast so local pick-up would be best but will ship at buyer's expense.

Attachments

• Tekna Scooter View 1.jpg
    Tekna Scooter View 1.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Tekna Scooter View 2.jpg
    Tekna Scooter View 2.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Tekna Scooter View 3.jpg
    Tekna Scooter View 3.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 158
I'm in MA south of Boston. And you? Could possibly meet somewhere else too such as BTS, Sea Rovers or one of the DUI Demo Days as I try to make it to most of these if possible.

Ok keep it in mind, and if it is not sold by then I can probably bring it with me for you to look at.

Are you anywhere near Philadelphia? I have a house full of divers from that area this coming weekend for Sea Rovers and one of them may be able to bring the Tekna down your way if you are still interested. Let me know. Thanks.

the light cover is intact and the bulb is too but I don't remember if it works or not, I'll charge it up tonight and see. At Sea Rovers a friend of mine who knows scooters real well said $550 would be fair so I am willing to reduce it to that price. Anyway, I'll be back in touch soon. As for the car load of folks here, they have too many artifacts from the display to fit the scooter too so better for me to either bring it to BTS, or on my way bring it to you.

sounds good ... thanks for the update ... not sure how anyone can telly you its value without knowing whats wrong with it though ...
a porsche running a bit slow could need a valve adjustment, (free) or may need a new engine $5000 ....

Last edited:
My friend who gave me the estimate works on them and although he now lives in in Florida he used to live up here and maintain it for me so he knows the condition of mine fairly well. He did the last compression test and tune -up on it....and since he moved away I now have no one in this area to work on it for me. I believe the only issue it has now is some sand or dirt tuck somewhere because I was using it to dig with. My instinct leads me to the opinion that all it needs is to be taken apart and cleaned real well. But I cannot say that with 100% guarantee. I am planning on replacing it with an N-19 becuase for the travel I do it will be easier for me and it is a close friend of mine who is the manufacturer so I know I have someone who can also maintain it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom