scubapro or apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goliath2840

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi everybody.
im a scuba instructor in quebec,canada.
im getting into teck diving.
i would like to know info on regs.
i would like to know between the scubapro mk 25 et the apex tek 3
which one is better.
ill do my full cave course pretty soon,i plan to do trimix next year.
also for the wing ,halcyon explorer 55 lbs or the evolve 60 lbs.ill dive with 2 119 steel thanks.
i dive now with an infinity.

thank you.
claude

People sometimes raise concerns about the MK25 in very cold water. It's a piston regulator and not environmentally sealed, and there have been reports of it freeflowing from freezing up. I have them on my doubles, and have had no freeflows, but I don't dive in water below 40 degrees, and rarely with air temperatures lower than 30.

Love Apeks!!! incredible reliable...

I like Scubapro/Halcyon for hose routing :) Evolve wing all the way...

Actually the apeks dst first stage has a new adaptor for a fifth port and you have the same routing for a mk25 scubapro or a h75-p halcyon plus they're enviromentally sealed.:eyebrow:

+1 for Apeks, if you can get spares/service for them where you are/where you dive

Explorer is a horseshoe and Evolve is a donut (like your Eclipse). Air shift is smoother with the Evolve which can be both a good thing (regular diving) and a bad thing (punctured wing)

When I first got certified back in 07, our OW instructor was a female tech diver. At that time I knew very little about equipment, but I do remember her boasting about how she trust Apeks regulators because of proven diving records.

Among the story I remember her telling me was a diver name John Bennett who took a world class record, the first I believe, down to 1,000 feet. His regulator of choice was an Apeks.

If this reg is good for that depth, then I was sold for it's quality for simple dives I do in Monterey. I have a pair of Apeks XTX200 for doubles and love them.

Here is the link on Apeks performance record:

Apeks Testimonials

That's correct - some of John's regs & gear are still in use today at Capt'n Gregg's in Sabang, Puerto Galera. I did most of my tech training on one of his old rigs

thanks to every ones for your time and comment.
so that means that they are both excellent regs

People sometimes raise concerns about the MK25 in very cold water. It's a piston regulator and not environmentally sealed, and there have been reports of it freeflowing from freezing up. I have them on my doubles, and have had no freeflows, but I don't dive in water below 40 degrees, and rarely with air temperatures lower than 30.

And history suggests the diaphram (sealed or not) is much more likely to have IP creep and free flow from that than the piston.

People make ALOT about being sealed. Its no guarantee of anything.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom