Egyptian chambers of tourism

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 - could you please name a reliable source
2 - does anyone know what this would mean for:
.....I) still needing a valid CDWS-card for guiding activities
....II) validity of current MOT-licences for 2011
...III) payments already made to the CDWS for 2011

Is it free for all now, since there seems to be no regulatory body anymore (if the info is true)?

Finally the chamber of corruption is illegal, they dont got anything to stand on, now mubarak isnt in power anymore.
happy to buy my work permit for this year. and not in the need of there useless card.
no more irrelevant exam questions from them, hopefully it go's back the way it was before they arrived.

come on what was that organisation after all, if your licenced by padi to teach, than its not up to them to review your knowledge with such a irrelevant questions that not concern the Red Sea at all, and failing there exam having your course director to sign a form from them that you know what your doing, failing again for there exam not beeing able to do retake the exam for 1 year?!?!. i can assure that the IDC exam is much easier and has much more relevant questions concerning diving than there exam what is not even avaible in my langue.

Im so happy they gonna go....

Am in two minds over this - which is basically how I felt about the CDWS in the first place.

For all their faults, and the inevitable corruption behind the senior members, there were people involved who genuinely had the best interests of the dive industry at heart. Like any organisation or governing body, the fact that the leadership is self-serving does not mean that lower-ranking members are all singing to the same tune.

On the other hand, yes, it had issues!

I do not disagree entirely with the concept of the examination because sadly, regardless of nationality and location, it's rather easy to get signed off as a DM without meeting any performance requirements at all. It was an imperfect pain in the backside, but it was an attempt to address this.

I have no idea what this will mean for the staff who work here - and particualrly the non-Egyptian staff. The CDWS is one thing, but the offices responsible for work permits are also not operational at the moment. Like everything else, we wait and see, but I suspect that, apart from the hammering the dive industry has already taken, it's going to be very difficult, if not virtually impossible to recruit new staff this year. My dive centre had 35 staff last year, probably 25 of whom were "full time freelance" like myself, and we are currently down to 11, I think.

Yes, there are a few who are on holiday who will return but... hmmmmm! Think it might be a busy summer, assuming I do actually manage to stay here...

Interesting times

C.

According to information from a usally reliable source this is, I quote, bullsh..!
Anybody spoke to representatives from the CDWS yet?

Easely signed of as DM thats happening sometimes, but why they had such an various amount of different exams?
Why a Snorkel guide exam if the person still has to be a DM to be a snorkel guide? and another DM exam and yet another Instructor exam, while its the same Red Sea we are all working in.
The snorkel Guide Exam you finish in only 10 minutes while the intructor exam takes more than a hour. having to score more than 80% in every seperate topic with 5 topics of 10 questions each. and then most of the questions are not even concerning about knowledge but just tricking you to take the wrong choises because the english and arabic questions arent formulied in understandable english/arabic, simple cos it isnt relevant under the water or to sicknesses or under the general knowledge.

just some of there stupid questions was

what is mandatory during a nightdive?
a: wetsuit
b: 2 or more torches for every diver
c: audible device
d: all answers are correct

so according to that qeustion i can go nightdiving NUDE, just according to them a wetsuit is not mandatory in a nightdive, only 2 or more torches.

another question reads;

what is the best place to avoid sea sickness?
forget about what the choises where, but upper middle deck was definitly not between the choices.

there were only 2 questions about sicknesses both concerning DCS.
The first question was about drysuits, but also without a standarised answer..
The Egyptian Federation should just make 1 standard exam what everybody has to do who want to work in the red sea.,, not separate exam graduations according to the level of professional. for example the exam of 2009 again, that was more relevant for what was possible to happen

I refused to do the instructor exam again, and out of protest i did the snorkel guide exam. cos we are working still in the same sea, and all should have the same knowledge, and not a bit more cos i am allowed to teach according to padi,

ahh i gonna stop know, every time i think about these corruptors its making me angry again.....

ohh so HAPPY the are gonna go soon. long live the Egyptian Federation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom