Technical Instructors in the Florida Panhandle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sontek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My buddy and I are looking an instructor, who do you guys recommend as some of the go to technical instructors from Pensacola to Panama City.

We are planning on being Rescue, Tec1, Tec Deep, and Cavern by July 4th and want the best instruction possible.

Bonus points if the instructor knows sidemount so if he sees us doing anything wrong he can fix it.

Right now we are both just AOW + Nitrox. We both have 100+ dives with half of them below 100ft.

We have free time March 14-20th if anyone has time to teach a course or 2 as well.

I would love to take a course with Lamar Hires, he has time to teach?

I would love to take a course with Lamar Hires, he has time to teach?
I talked to him weekend before last while getting fills, he was teaching then. I believe he teaches fairly often.

You should check out Jeff Loflin. He is a PADI Course Director, DSAT Technical Instructor Trainer,
IANTD Technical Instructor, NSS Cave Instructor and he lives in Bonifay which is in the Marianna area.
At lease visit his website and check out his credentials, you won't be disapointed. jeffloflin.com

The bonus he is the Trainer that made me a sidemount instructor. Jef is sidemount, sidemount, sidemount.
He developed one of the first PADI sidemount specialties. As well as sidemount cave, etc...
I think with all of you needs, Jeff is definately you man.
The others are quite capable as well.

Last edited:
Heather Armstrong lives in Pensacola and teaches Technical diving (or sometimes she does -- when the spirit moves her!). She is a very good instructor -- although, to the best of my knowledge, she does not dive sidemount.

In looking at what you want to accomplish in several months, you just might want to slow down a bit and once you take the "Intro to Tech" class, spend time learning your new skills.

Heather Armstrong lives in Pensacola and teaches Technical diving (or sometimes she does -- when the spirit moves her!). She is a very good instructor -- although, to the best of my knowledge, she does not dive sidemount.

In looking at what you want to accomplish in several months, you just might want to slow down a bit and once you take the "Intro to Tech" class, spend time learning your new skills.
Heather will not teach in SM. I'm not sure if she dives it for mission specific reasons, but it's safe to say she doesn't teach in it. Personally I wouldn't want to take a course in SM anyways.

I know she won't teach in sidemount, she's doing a lot of rebreather work so doubt she has any need for it...
Yes Lamar teaches, he's booked through till April I believe since he's Israel now but he teaches a lot.

Rob Neto would qualify for every one of your needs, and then some. Chipola Divers - Home He's a great instructor who will challenge you into becoming a better diver. He dives sidemount on the regular basis and teaches it.

Lamar Hires and Paul Heinerth aren't in the panhandle.

Heather would be a great instructor, not sure if she's teaching right now though. She's would be teaching in a DIR manner, I think through NAUI at this point?

You could look into Gregg Stanton as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom