Phoenix area tec divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scadreau

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any tec divers that do regular local diving. I am heading to Florida sometime soon to do my Tec course but want to make sure I will be able to get some dives in locally to keep current.

If so, I would love to hear how often you dive locally and what your profiles are when you do dive here.

Thanks,

Scott

You might be better off checking out SoCal trips. You're only about 4-6 hours from most of the charters and you'll at least have a purpose for the dive. Diving for the sake of going deep isn't appropriate or worth the risk and there's nothing locally to see at depth. You can also check out shops in the Vegas area. Lake Mead is only 1/2 hour outside of Vegas and there are some "wrecks" in the lake. However, with the dropping level of the lake, most are no longer at depths that will require decompression.

Reactions: Jax
I am a tech diver and dive in Lake Pleasant at Vista Point almost every Sunday. I am going to Wakulla Springs for cave training in March. I treat the lake like a cave and in that light, I have established a system of guide-lines that extend approximately 1000 feet off Vista Point along the wall. While establishing the dives has been slow because of the profiles, eventually I hope to have many tech options. The end of the line which is at the end of the wall is in 150 feet right now. There is a circuit that goes to The Gap and turns to the rail and then you can come up the rail to another line that brings you back to shore. Max depth is about 140 with about 25 minutes sub-130. The dives are long and do not have the standard profile. In fact the profiles are more like cave diving because of the distance in and out of the working depths. The lake is 50F and vis is around 20 feet.

PD

Reactions: Jax
I am a tech diver and dive in Lake Pleasant at Vista Point almost every Sunday. I am going to Wakulla Springs for cave training in March. PD

I'd really like to hear who you're taking cave training with at Wakulla Springs, it's been closed to all cave diving for MANY years except by special permit holders.

Greg Stanton at Wakulla Springs Dive Center. I didn't mean Wakulla Springs per se.

You might be better off checking out SoCal trips. You're only about 4-6 hours from most of the charters and you'll at least have a purpose for the dive. Diving for the sake of going deep isn't appropriate or worth the risk and there's nothing locally to see at depth. You can also check out shops in the Vegas area. Lake Mead is only 1/2 hour outside of Vegas and there are some "wrecks" in the lake. However, with the dropping level of the lake, most are no longer at depths that will require decompression.

I am not talking about diving for the sake of going deep. I am looking for tec divers that will buddy up once in a while so we can practice skills together, plan together, have a similar gear setup etc. I don't care if we dive to deco, I just want someone with similar training and has a need to practice similar skills to dive with.

All of my current buddies are standard rig recreation divers and none have expressed an interest in becoming certified beyond that.

That's good to know. It was this statement that made me think you meant otherwise:

and what your profiles are when you do dive here.

I have a Tec certification as well, but I must admit that after the course I did 2 dives only, so it's so neglectible that better not to speak about it :blinking:.

Since then, I found myself more likely prefering the spontanic dives better.
Nevertheless, the tec. cert. increased my knowledge and understanding a lot.
I have all the gear for it, but I avoid it.

I wish you goodluck in your new way :).

(sorry about my English)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom