APEKS Inflator Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offgasser

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America
# of dives
I had an incident during a technical dive regarding this inflator:

1) Apologies to APEKS if I have the wording not quite correct. I am very happy with the equipment I have from this manufacturer.

2) I thought I had registered my equipment, but did not receive an e-mail from the manufacturer. I found out via another diver. This may have happened to you.

3) My inflator, stainless steel buttons "lost" its deflator button during a dive. It simply blew off and dropped to depth. From what I gather, a recall was sent out for certain years. There is a protocol for dealing with this if you do NOT remember when you bought it. Have an APEKS dealer/authorized repair center/person do the inspection. It basically has to do with NOT enough or NO Loctite (or similar type product) being applied at the assembly point on the threads of the screw holding this button in. YES, there is no snap clip or C-type ring or other mechanical method of holding this in -- without this, one may simply unscrew the exhaust buttion with fingers. Mine has since been R & R under warranty - NO $.

4) I am a "Newbie" in regards to Technical Diving, an Open Water Instructor with over 1,100 dives including 69 Technical Dives. I NEVER, EVER really am concerned/have been concerned with this particular piece of equipent in regards to failure -- it seems "so simple", yes??

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread would be better suited in a forum thats visible to everyone.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom