SMS100 wing backmount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nielsent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Posted this one in the hollis thread too, but thought that people actually using the rig would know more about it.

I have been looking into the SMS100 wing for a while, and was curious if any active SMS100 people have used their SMS100 wing with a Backplate to do single tank or double tank BM diving? Trying to determine the versatility of the rig.

Thanks for your time all,

nielsent

Posted this one in the hollis thread too, but thought that people actually using the rig would know more about it.

I have been looking into the SMS100 wing for a while, and was curious if any active SMS100 people have used their SMS100 wing with a Backplate to do single tank or double tank BM diving? Trying to determine the versatility of the rig.

Thanks for your time all,

nielsent

SMS100 comes with an integrated harness so no backplate. You could purchase the wing by itself and match it to a BP or strip the SMS100 from the harness but then you would also need to add a lower mounting point for your tanks.

I have not dived with a back mounted single tank as I have existing BP/W's to choose from.

Dwayne

I have the SMS100 as well as an HTS rig. I have had no issue with the HTS and backplate combo, albiet I don't use it for doubles.

I am a little confused by the question of wearing doubles while diving a sidemount rig. You have enough real estate to sling your sidemount tanks as well as 2 stage/deco tanks on each side. Should you decide to put tanks on your back you will need a backplate for the SMS100. Other than gear confirgurations the only other notable difference between SM rig and traditional backmounted is that the SM harness is designed to ride a little lower on your torso to align the wing's bouyancy over the sidemount tanks.

Good Luck

I think he's thinking about using the wing for sidemount or backmount, not both at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom