Looking for Sharm PADI operator for OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoey

New
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just joined the forum a few days ago so hello :)

My wife & I are going to be visiting Sharm the last week of April. We're looking to complete our OW course there from a referral which we've done in the UK. Can anybody recommend a good school? thx!

I like the folks at Oonas Dive Club a lot. Enough so that I have returned to dive with them 6 times now. That is a lot for me as I have been around a bit with 40 years diving and having been both a guide in the Caribbean and a diving instructor.

btw, when you click on the link, be sure and look at that rather un-noticeable red dot at the center top of the home page...:D

Never did a course with Oonas Divers but I have dived with them when I visited Sharm on several occasions. Good basic accommodation upstairs from the dive center, professional set up, will probably dive there if I find myself wanting to dive Sharm again.

I've dived several times with Emperor Divers and have always had great service from them. I'm
also booked up in April actually! :)))))))

I've also heard good things from friends about Oonas, Red Sea Diving College and Sinai Divers
but have no personal experience of these.

wow a lot of votes for Oonas! I emailed them actually - they are not the cheapest but it does seem that u get what u pay for and they seem very professional and friendly, thx for the heads up.

will also look up Emperor too...

thx guys - it's really good to get the opinions of local experienced divers of the area, esp in egypt u never know what ur gonna get!

I had a really good experience with "MrDiver" too... the only issue is that most of their clients are italian, so most of their DMs are italian.

Just did a shore dive and a couple of boat dives with them though.

I have used Red Sea College (Dive Centre of the Year for the last 5 years - Diver Magazine)

The crew are friendly and professional...

That said, I think any of the big dive operators are a safe bet.

It just depends on the deal you get :wink:

Al

I work for one of the biggies - as always I am not advertising here and you won't go far wrong with any of the centres mentioned above... If you want details PM me.

Cheers

C.

Loads of good dive centres to choose from, we have used Millenium divers Millenium Divers :: Home for the past 4 years and found them to be excellent, they are based at the Sharm Plaza hotel a 5 min cab ride out of the resort but they have excellent house reefs Middle/Fiddle and Far garden. We stayed in the Rosseta hotel in Sharm itself last time and these guys picked us up and dropped us back everyday, Speak to Ahmed or Sharky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom