Teaching for D.A.N?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know why D.A.N. only allows dive professionals to teach its programs. I'm not a dive pro, and I don't intend to be, but I do have a lot of First Aid, O2, AED, etc..teaching experience for other agencies; and I'm also a Paramedic...so why won't D.A.N. let me teach it's programs? Does anyone know if exceptions have been made in this regard? Thanks.

My guess on this one is that all of DAN's programs are intended for divers and the situations that they can get into. Since the programs are designed for divers, they may feel that a dive professional would know more about those situations than someone who is not a professional diver. Notice that the programs aren't just called Oxygen First Aid but they add Oxugen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries. My guess is that they want someone knowledgeable in the diving field and in the rescue/first aid procedures or that specific field. Just my opinion. :)

Back
Top Bottom