Tokina 10-17mm with 1.4x teleconverter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Gulliver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Somebody posted some pics taken with this combination recently, I think (it may have been on Wetpixel). I've done searches but can't find the post. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!
John

I don't know if he's posted specific pictures, but Aussie Byron is using a 10-17 with 1.4tc in a 100mm Zen dome. You might PM him on details. I've seen other postings from people who tried the 1.4 in bigger domes with poor results. Bill Libecap built a 5" dome with good results using the 1.4.

Unfortunately I dont have the extension and thw 1.4x TC yet....its on my list. I have been shooting the Tokina 10-17mm and Nikon 10.5 behind the Aquatica 100mm mini dome.

Have a look at Ross Gudgeon's website. I know for sure he shoots with the Tokina 10-17mm with 1.4TC.

Photos

Regards Mark

Thanks Larry, Mark! The reason I ask is that I bought the custom-made 4" minidome for Ikelite advertised in the Classifieds section of Wetpixel yesterday. I already have a 1.4x TC (Tamron, older model, not designed specifically for digital but made in the same factory as Kenco and works fine, at least on land) and wondered what kind of results I might be able to get with the set-up.

Last edited:
I've now been given lots of tips by people on Wetpixel and seen some pics.

Here are a couple with a D200, Aquatica housing and 6" dome. Jean might be able to address the differences between the 4" & 6" optically.

4477731246_80a2b24a60_o.jpg

4477505994_8fc40a00f5_o.jpg

4477505486_b055c06946_o.jpg

Those look beautiful, Martin. Really sharp right out to the corners.

Thanks for sharing! I already had the Ikelite 6" dome but that won't take the TC.
Regards,
John

Nice pix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom