Ikelite Housing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My brother has a Sony DSC-W290 and Ikelite has discontinued the housing for that camera. Is there any other housing out there that works just as good that will fit that camera? Or will the housing for another camera (similar to his) like the W230 fit his W290? Any help would be appreciated.

So, he is out of luck on getting a housing for that camera huh? Do you know of anyone else who is making a housing for that model?

i am looking for a point and shoot. what are some popular models of camera and housings

Submerge Camera claims to have the #6210.29 housing in stock:
Ikelite 6210.29 Underwater Housing for Sony W290 Camera - Underwater Photo and Video

I believe Sony also made a housing for this model, so you may check their website for compatibility and availability.

In answer to jonnydeeper, popular models include:
Canon Powershot S95
Canon Powershot G12
Nikon L-22 (replaced with Nikon L-24)
Olympus "Tough" series
Panasonic Lumix LX-5
Sony HX-5, H-55

Lots of newer models have recently been announced by all of these camera manufacturers and are trickling into our local camera store. So look for announcements of many new housings over the next couple of months.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Back
Top Bottom