Genesis React Computer Bug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennesh1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased a used dive computer from a friend but think I found a bug. It's an older Genesis React (not React Pro). I can set the computer to Nitrox Mode FO2 = 32 or so but when I go into the planning screen and toggle thru the possible depths to plan a dive the Air indicator is still on even though the computer is clearly set to use Nitrox. The surface screen shows Nitrox as the gas but not the planning screen. Adjusting the FO2 % does change the values in the planning screen so I think it is calculating correctly but just not indicating that the calculations are based on Nitrox instead of Air. I email Genesis about this today and they were going to inquire with the factory on this one. I did search the boards for this and found one other post from back in 2002 that was similar. Anyone know if Genesis ever released a fix for this one? Would resetting the dive log have any affect on this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom