Dive rite-lux-4 led

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OHIO DIVERS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for feed back on dive rite lux 4-led canister light. They are on sale for $499.00 on line. Would this be a good primary light for wreck diving in the great lakes?

Hey Ohio,

I didn't respond right away because I was hoping that our fellow divers who dive the Great Lakes would give you a more unbiased response. I can say that we sell a lot of our LED lights to wreck diving locales, such as the great lakes and northeast wreck divers. $499 is an excellent value for this light as primary lights of this caliber typically range in the $800-1200 mark.

Hopefully some wreck divers will give you some feedback as well.

Cheers,
Kathleen

Kathleen,

I would like to confirm that LED LUX-4 LIGHT SYSTEM that Dive Gear Express sells for $499.00 was made by Dive Rite? The price sounds to good to be true.

I have a LUX that is currently being upgraded by third party vendor. I found that the beam was not very well focused and thus would not penetrate very well if the water was not extremely clear. The burn time was as advertised and it was very reliable.

In comparison to the Hollis 16w LED, the LUX really sucked.

In comparison to the Light Monkey 21w LED, the LUX sucked even worse.

If you do not need the light to cast a beam for a long distance in murky water, the LUX will be fine and the price is great.

DiveRite has a great price point for a can light and they are very reliable, but I find that they can't compete with the HID's for Great Lakes or NE Wreck Diving (less then ideal conditions). LED's need ideal lighting (dark & clear water) to preform well. Divers aren't just using can lights for dark dives but for signaling during the day (good lighting) and the LED's don't even show up. Most divers here in the NE are going with 21w HID's for a Canister Light.

So, is it backed by a Dive Rite warranty?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom