Is the ok for the port for the 5DmkII to be not so tight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeterDorr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I just got my 5DmkII housing in today and after asembling I feel rather uncomfortable taking it into the water. The 8 inch portbody is connected to the house with only 4 port locks which do not seem to be so tight. I can move the port a little up and down. Not all 4 locks are even touching the port.

Is this normal, or should i do something else?
I could take the set underwater without my camera in to check, but I'd rather have your opinion first? Should it be very tight or not?

I have used an Ikelite housing for my Powershot before and there everyting had to be screwed to the house which felt very water proof. I indeed never had a leakage.

thnx
Peter

The four port locks should be securely fastened to the case while still loose enough to allow a smooth sliding motion between "open" and "closed" positions. There may be some slight movement in the port at the surface which will be eliminated once under pressure.

You should have no problems if you have properly cleaned and lubricated the port o-ring and securely locked all four port locks. The port lock release button will be flush against the port lock body when in the locked position.

Regards,

Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom