Maldives vs Taiwan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im just wondering why Maldives doesnt have its own subsection on this Asian dive forum it regularly appears more than any other questions in GENERAL ASIA. Taiwan (and China) certainly has their own sectio and Ive only heard of a handful of notable sites there.

But can anyone convince me that Taiwan or China has much better diving than Maldives? So I hear of Green Island and Hammerheads. But Id seen them in Madives. I was also treated to schooling Mantas, Eagle Rays, Grey Reef Sharks, and Whale Shark. What does Taiwan have that Maldives doesnt?

Also Maldives feature regularly in Worlds top 10 dive destinations, cant say Ive seen much on Taiwan (or China).

This is perhaps more a question for the Mods but...

Anyone care to explain or discuss... ??

The Maldives is a very popular, and reportedly very good, diving destination -- distinct from other nearby diving destinations which have their own fora here -- so I also think it is worthy of its own forum.

The risk is that folks who don't bother to read the "Maldives" forum will miss out on all the useful info, whereas if the info were in the "General Asia" forum then folks might be more likely to see it if they're doing a more generalized search . . .

Hi gee13,

I asked for Taiwan to have it's own forum, as it used to be a bit buried, but have a read of -

ScubaBoard - Frequently Asked Questions: General Forum Usage

Maldives I'm also told has excellent diving, so make your case as the board advises in the link, and see what happens.

PS: If anyone want's to pay for a flight ticket for me I'd quite happily nip over to Maldives and check it out

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom