Conditions Better or Worse after Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n2diving

Reaction score
Anybody care to guess if Mid-Alantic diving conditions will be improved as a result of the Hurricane.
Water temps have been unusually COLD and viz has averaged 5-10ft all summer within 20 miles of the Virginia coast. Hoping the storm may have brought in some warm water from the gulfstream.....:confused:

Bmer

in North Myrtle Beach this weekend the water temps were mid 70s, but the viz was between 10 and 20 feet.

best viz was about 30 miles out. and that was were we got the 20 feet.

Just got back from Columbus Isle... viz was pretty bad. Actually, it was good by California standards, but it was pathetic by "tropical" standards. Water was 85.

Any warm water dragged in will be long gone by the time the mud settles out.

Went diving last night a bit north of you. The temp was about 70 and the water still seemed more stirred up and murky then usual. I'd be stretching it to call the vis 5'. We got knocked around quite a bit too.

As far as the east coast goes, I don't think anything will salvage this crappy dive season. I've barely got 50 dives in so far this year and I'm usually closing in on 100 by the end of September.

Hopefully. it gets better by this coming weekend.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom