Dive Walt Disney’s Dive Quest @ EPCOT-March 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad P.

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to an exciting experience offered at the Living Seas at EPCOT Center Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL. Dive Quest gives you the chance to perform on its underwater stage- a 6 million gallon aquarium which houses over 65 different species of fish, sharks, turtles, and stingrays.

The program, which lasts for about 2 ½ hours, begins with a backstage tour of the Living Seas- a functioning marine research facility. You will learn about marine wildlife conservation and Disney’s efforts all around the world to protect our oceans. After watching a short film about how the Living Seas was created, it is time for the ultimate dive. WDW will provide all of the gear, while you supply all of the fun when you SCUBA dive in our main aquatic environment for 40 minutes. You’ll be part of the Disney show as you get to dive in a place that millions have visited but few have been able to go beneath its surface. All guests are given a T-shirt and a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the program.

Certified divers ages 10 and up are welcome. The cost is $140 per person. This includes all gear, the dive, refreshments, a T-shirt, certificate, and a dive log stamp. Equipment includes mask, fins, tank, buoyancy compensator, regulator, weightbelt, and a 2.5 mm shorty wetsuit. Water temperature is in the mid-70s. Personal masks are acceptable. To make a reservation for Dive Quest email us at waterdogscuba@bellsouth.net. Space is limited to 11 divers and payment in full holds your spot.

How so cheap? I'm looking at doing this in May on my roadtrip to dive the keys for a week.

It's a great dive. At $140, it's a great price; it cost $145 with Disney's Visa discount a few weeks ago. Are you guys supplying the T shirts? I ask because DiveQuest discontinued them well over a year ago, replacing them with small nylon bags. They've de-emphasized the stay-with-your-buddy policy but mentioned you should be with a buddy if you go to the more "remote" areas of the aquarium.

Can you opt to bring all your own gear for the dive?

It is fun dive, Disney does a nice job and you are part of the "show" for the rest of the visitors......

M

I recall you have to use their gear...except for a mask....

But their gear is nice, new, clean and works well......

M

From what I recall you bring your own gloves, boots, fins, and mask.

Back
Top Bottom