Salvo 400' Primary Reel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Used Salvo primary reel: $115
Price includes shipping within the Continental US as well as Paypal fees.

This photo shows the line guide and reel locking screw. Note minor wear marks:

Handle side of reel. Photo shows some minor wear marks:

The spool side of the reel, again showing minor wear:

A good shot of the line, which looks good without wear. Note that I haven't unspooled all the line and can't make any guarantees. Also, it looks to me like the line is #32, which may mean the reel holds less than 400':

Please take a close look at this picture. I had written my initials on the spool using paint marker. I was able to remove almost all of it, but there is still a faint trace of my initials, as shown in this shot:

It may be possible to remove more of these initials, but I can't make any guarantees. So keep in mind the reel is sold "as is".

Henrik

Price drop: $110
Price includes shipping within the Continental US as well as Paypal fees.

Out of abject curiousity, why are you selling it?

I have a Larry Green side-handle reel, and 2 Halcyon Pathfinder reels so I figured I'm set with reels for a bit. So I'm making room in the gear closet and hoping to make a few $$ to spend on more gear :)

Henrik

I have a Larry Green side-handle reel, and 2 Halcyon Pathfinder reels so I figured I'm set with reels for a bit. So I'm making room in the gear closet and hoping to make a few $$ to spend on more gear :)

Henrik

More abjectly, Is there something in particular you prefer about the Halcyons re the Salvo? I have an Halcyon myself, just curious.

The Halcyon and Salvo reels - to my eye at least - are near identical in shape/size/function. The only difference I notice is that the handles are made of different materials: Salvo is made from machined Delrin (I believe) and the Halcyon from machined aluminum.

I happen to like the aluminum handle for no particular reason other than that I do. The Salvo reel - to my uncalibrated hands - feels a bit lighter which could be considered a plus as well.

Henrik

Reel is sold. Thanks for looking.

Henrik

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom