Keys with a Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndrewA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been thinking about a trip to Florida in September. I dive an Evolution rebreather and am considering diving with Silent World in Key Largo and staying at Ocean Point Suites. I would appreciate any views or alternatives.
I have heard a number of horror stories about dive gear at Miami International Airport, are there really problems? If so is there a better option (last time I was in Florida,for a conference in Fort Lauderdale I flew into Orlando and drove down, so I don,t mind spending a day as a tourist diving down if it makes the airport experience easier.

Silent World is the most popular local shop in Key Largo for rebreathers. Have you looked at shipping your grear down with UPS or Fedex? I know alot of my customers have done this and it has worked out great. You can have it shipped to the shop and after your done diving put a return sipping label on it and call for a pickup. The cost is about the same as the airlines are charging now days.

AndrewA. The one thing I don't like about the Miami airport is it's size. Other than that I've had no problems with my rebreather when I've traveled in and out of there. Another option would be to look at Ft. Lauderdale airport. It's smaller and just 30's minutes north of Miami. As Scotty says shipping might be a better option. That's what a lot of my rebreather customers do.

Good Diving,

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom