2010 Fisheye Fix LED 1000DX Photo/Video/Dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhelmuth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey fellow divers!

I'm always tinkering, and becuse I'm going with some larger lighting (more power!) for my Underwater HD video and Photo rigs, I am offering up this barely used Fishey Fix LED 1000DX underwater light. This is a terriffic light and can serve a multitude of uses. It has a very wide beam, 1000 lumens LED lighting at the same color as the Sun (not yellowish). Also I shouldn't have to say much about this light as it has gotten rave reviews. Unless you can spend lots more, this is as much light as you can get for the money.

2zycrae.jpg

I bought this from Reef Photo late last year, and it has 12 open water dives along with 2 pool dives on it, and approx. 4.5 hours actual time on it. So this is about as new as it can get for a used light. It's perfect in everyway, but it does have a very minor nuggy on it (which is around the front bezel) - so cosmetically it's near perfect too.

Retail still is $599 + shipping (and what I paid). These don't get discounted as they have a very tight supply. If you want this one, I'm offering it for $420, including priority shipping. Will come in original box with all accessories - just like it was purchased new. I will also entertain all offers to, as I do want to sell this one and use the funds to buy an additional more powerful light (so I have 2x) for my video rig.

If you have been looking for the light of the future, it is here! Whether you need a focus light for stills or a compact self contained light for video this is the most advanced solution on the market.

The FIX LED1000DX light is the culmination of years to research and production of the finest lights available for underwater imaging. This light combines the smooth even beam of the HG20DX (sporting even more light output) with the longer burn time and exceptional bulb life of the LED48DX light.

Rated at a whopping 1000 lumens and powered by a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery, this is the ultimate focus light.

•The ON/OFF switch features an infinitely adjustable power dial for precise, delicate lighting output control as well a 'lock' position and a 'SOS' position.
•A LED indicator light confirms that power is on.
•Enjoy 81 minutes burn time at full power with full charge. Burn time/light output can be adjusted with power dial.
•New redesigned aluminum battery cap includes an overpressure relief valve. The new design eliminates binding and the o-ring placement keeps the cap threads dry for trouble free battery changes.
•With lithium ion batteries, discharging or refreshing is not necessary. Batteries are removable so quickly changing to a second batteryk allows second dive while first battery recharges.
•Illuminated four step battery charge indicator displays the battery charge remaining even on night dives.
•The cradle type, ultra light and compact battery charger is very convenient for travel diving. The world voltage compatible charger offers two hour charge times no matter where you dive. During charging an indicator LED shows approximate charge status.
•A leak sensor lamp alerts you immediately in the unlikely event of water intrusion.
•"YS" type adapter for wide compatibility with various attachment arms. The YS adapter is removable from light head so direct "flexible arm" type attachments are also possible.
•A pistol hand grip is included for use as a normal diving light
•SOS signal mode
•75 meter (250 feet) depth rating

You can read more about it here: Fisheye FIX LED1000DX and LED500DX focus lights released :: Wetpixel.com and here: Fisheye FIX LED 1000 DX Video and Focus light

Last edited by a moderator:
jhelmuth, I read on the board that you have had problems with these lights. Have you had any problems with this light? On the boards you mentioned that you have two of these lights, exactly why are you selling this one? I am interested but have some reservations. Also, since this is a relatively new light, is it still under warranty and if it is, can the warranty be transferred to me if I purchase it.

Regards,

Bill

You are correct - there were had some early units that had some issues with flooding and fading light. The one I'm offering here does not have either problem. The very first one I got did have an issue with the fading (overtemp shuts it down early), but it was replaced quickly for a new unit. I never had a flooding issue, and this one has the "improved" seals against a possible flood. I've actually got 12 real dives on this and it has performed flawlessly. I do not know the answer regarding warranty transfer. I will assume it does not. I can understand concerns about possible problems. The good news on this light is it has been tested and there are no problems with it, nor were there ever any poblems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom