Transpotting PNW diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dashrynn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
150/200 dives in the COLD PNW and none anywhere else but that will be changing in april.

I plan on moving to lake worth (west palm area) to start my helicopter pilot training in september. Where im looking forward to it, I'm also a bit scared to meet new divers (i know of one in lauderdale now), I have met a diverse of awesome divers here in the pnw, but that being said i have also met some horrible divers. That is my fear.

So a few questions, is this the dive club for that area? Any hogarthian divers? Scooter divers?

Cheers,
Curtis

Hi Curtis and welcome!!! We have a few members from the Boca Raton area but you would be pretty far coming from W. Palm as we meet in Fort Lauderdale near I-595 and US 441. This club is comprised mostly of recreational divers with traditional dive shop gear. You just missed our monthly meeting which was last Wednesday night. Mark your calendar for next month for the first Wednesday of the month and come to see us! Visitors are always welcome. Details on our website.

I also received your request to join our private forum here on ScubaBoard. As it is for paid club members, if you do join our group I'll approve your request if you do end up joining our club in the future.

My advice is to get active on the Conch forum here on ScubaBoard. There you will meet many other local divers with your interests.

Welcome to South Florida, I hope I get to meet you before I move away to the USVI in June. :)

Hey Curtis - Deb's got good advice, and hopefully you'll get to meet her before she ABANDONS us to pursue her own SELFISH interests. :wink:

Plenty of divers of all stripes in that area, from super-friendly recreational divers to the types who will happily tell you about all the gear and skills you've got wrong. :D

Seriously, you'll be in dive heaven, although you'll see more of the Hog guys up in central and north Florida diving the springs; the South Florida boats are probably 85% rec gear.

But it's not about the gear, it's about the DIVING! And the slaying of lionfish, of course.

You'll probably need a thinner wetsuit, tho... :cool2:

I just returned to the PNW after a week of diving in West Palm. There is, in fact, excellent diving there and at least one hard core Hog/Team diver -- Dan Volker (he is danvolker on SB which is why I used his name) and he lives in Lake Worth.

Thanks everyone! I will have to show up for the next club meeting and get a feel for the group. Where i like diving with the gue,utd, (dir group) i am open to other divers as well. My primary concern is safety and diving with people who think.

I will have to look up dan too, we could very well be new dive buddies. Though i still prefer to use my computer for now because of the simplistic and easier use, but the rest of my gear is dir configured (Single tank style).

Dan and Sandra are just simply wonderful people . . . and Dan's the best kind of DIR diver, the kind that's focused on what Jax would call "seeing all the turtles".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom