Anything similar to the Knighthawk but cheaper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafire

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I absolutely love the Scubapro knighthawk but can't afford it. Is there any comparable bc that is less expensive?

A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Oceanic Excursion and the Seaquest Black Diamond come to mind.

I think there's a couple Knighthawks in the classifieds section.

As mentioned there are a few used Knighthawks for sale, some in really good condition. I loved mine and will need to part with it soon as well (my LDS does not sell Scubapro). I would not hesitate to buy a used one as they hold up great if taken care of.

I absolutely love the Scubapro knighthawk but can't afford it. Is there any comparable bc that is less expensive?

A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Scubapro has another back inflate BC that is a more stripped down version of the knighthawk. I forget the name.
I would look at the Oceanic Excursion as well. I used to own a knighthawk and thought the Oceanic was a better BC.
Just my personal opinion.

Of course used is always an option.

I owned a Knighthawk for 20 dives before ditching it in favor of something better. Been using BP/W's ever since and never looked back. I get to carry less weight, since there isn't any foam to sink, plus the plate is stainless which is negative. The tank is fixed to my body so it doesn't flop around. The crotch strap of my BP/W keeps the BC right at my shoulders not up around my ears with me having to pull it down. Plus I found hiking in the Knighthawk hurt my shoulders which I do not have a problem with my back plate straps. Bungee is not something that a wing should have on it, as even a small hole will have all the air squeezed out of it, instead of retaining what little air you can in case of a failure. For most 40lbs of flotation is too much.

Mine had an AIR II on it that did not work very well at all. Try breathing off one at depth. I was glad to switch to a bungee backup.

Even Scubapro realized that BP/W's have a valid place in scuba diving and now make one, although pretty, it is not cost effective.

Weight integration is not all it is cracked up to be either. Read this!

BackPlate and Wing Package discounts on sale Dive Rite

Aqua Lung / SeaQuest Balance. I think it's less than the scubapro and it has a way better harness holding the tank nice and tight to your body!

- Freedro

Scubapro LiteHawk is nearly identical to the KnightHawk, but doesn't come with weight pockets. It's also about $250 less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom