Where to put your weight belt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Please excuse my silly question. I would like to ask where do you put your weight belt with a DIR BP/W? I found the BP/W buckle interferes with the WB buckle and the crotch strap would prevent the WB to be removed easily.

I found the BP/W buckle interferes with the WB buckle

I position my harness buckle towards the right, closer to the can light (this also prevents the harness buckle from potentially catching on the crotch strap and coming unbuckled). I position my weight belt buckle towards the left. This way, the buckles are separated by several inches and don't overlap or interfere with each other, and it's nearly impossible to accidentally release one buckle when you intended to release the other.

and the crotch strap would prevent the WB to be removed easily.

I believe the generally accepted practice is to wear the weight belt under the harness when wearing a drysuit (so the waiststrap and crotch strap of the harness must be undone in order to release the weight belt)--so you don't accidentally drop your ballast; all the while you have redundant buoyancy so being overweighted at the beginning of a dive or due to loss of wing buoyancy isn't as critical an issue. In a wetsuit, wear the weight belt over the harness, so you can ditch more easily if needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom