Oceanic OC1 Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everybody,
I would like to buy a computer. I found the Oceanic OC1. It has all the features integrated you would like to have, even an electronic compass and it seems to be easy to be handled and at the same time is not bulky at all, actually just about as big as a wrist watch. Any experience with this relatively new computer? Advantages, disadvantages beside that it is relatively expensive? Thanks for your advise,
Arnold

I have the OC1, though I've only logged 20 or so dives with it. I've found it easy to learn and use (though the manual could be better written), and I like the fact that its use allows for one less hose. The compass function, while simple enough to use, isn't something on which I would rely for anything other than an easy recreational dive. I wouldn't mind if the face was a bit larger, and therefore easier to read.

All things considered, I'm pleased with the OC1.

...... I've found it easy to learn and use (though the manual could be better written), .....
The OC1 - and several other Oceanic models - comes with a free online class if you register the product with Oceanic.
See Oceanic website

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom