Dives within 2 Hrs of Montgomery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafire

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am just getting back into diving (got to get my wife cert and our gear). I was wondering, I haven't been diving since I lived in Florida. I can't really travel far from home, so aside from Lake Martin, where are some good dive spots within 2 hours of driving distance from Montgomery?

Blue Water Adventures is located in Pelham, AL, about an hour or so north of you, depending on where in Montgomery you are. It's basically a quarry with a bus, airplane, cars, etc sunk in it. Water temp on the bottom is in the 50s, on the surface it varies with the season.

Marianna, FL is also about 2 hours from the southern area of Montgomery, but there's not really any open water diving here. You'd be better off getting trained in cavern diving. With cavern training, you could do quite a bit of diving in the Marianna area. Water temp is always 68 degrees in the springs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom