Wow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Lamont,
I would be glad to offer you free of charge what ever you need. Cold beer,earl gray tea, monks chanting, what ever it takes. I thought that everyone had seen "that" and just chuckled to themselves and clicked on. Hats off to you for addressing that and closing the thread, but I sure hope you were not as worked up about it as it read.
Eric

I'm actually more concerned with a MOD locking out a thread based soley on the fact that he doesn't like it. Bad form.

If you believe he was wrong for closing the thread send him a PM telling him so. My recommendation is accept it and move on. Before you chastise him, do as he asked and search for the alternate discussions on those topics.....I bet you find a boatload. Reply to one of those discussions if you have to argue. If you find nothing then chastise away.

I'm actually more concerned with a MOD locking out a thread based soley on the fact that he doesn't like it. Bad form.

Actually, he had legitimate reasons.

1. It's already being discussed elsewhere ... and duplicate threads are (AFAIK) a violation of SB rules. Typically they end up being merged in the most appropriate forum.

2. The topic is a violation of rules for posting in the DIR forum, as posted by NetDoc and sticked in the "Welcome" thread at the top of the forum ... in particular, the topic violates rules 1 and 6 ...

1) No trolling! This is not the place for agency bashing! This is especially not a place for bashing DIR divers. Refer to Notice: the DIR forum is a No Trolling Zone for any questions about what constitutes a troll.

2) This forum is for a free exchange of ideas concerning DIR, but it is NOT intended to limit any mention of DIR to only this forum. There are many things pertaining to DIR that will be discussed in other forums as well.

3) All the rules of the board still apply here. You don't get to harrass or call people names. Civility should rule.

4) Most of all, have fun and learn something at the same time. Read our Mission statement and TOS for clarification.

5) This forum is NOT intended to replace or reduce the need for training with a qualified instructor. You might get more out of this forum if you have at least completed a DIR-f course.

6) The answers in this forum are member's best attempts to answer questions within, and according the DIR diving philosophy. If you wish to give a non-DIR answer, please do not post it in this forum. If you do not wish your question to be limited to DIR answer, please ask it in another applicable forum.

Lamont was completely justified ... I'm just surprised he went to all the effort of responding to the troll before he kicked it to the curb ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

i'm going home early today because i'm still getting the spins from throwing up last week due to one of the GI viruses going around locally...

so hopefully you'll take this into account when i take a thread criticizing me in the DIR forum opened by someone who lists 'solo diver' in their tag line and i lock it...

you can talk about whatever you like in any other forum. not in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom