Kayakers Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midge907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any opinions on doing weekend trips to Kayakers Cove? Were thinking of going down there and doing one of the Charters with one of the Dive shops out of Anchorage. There is suppose to be trips even in June, but I wonder how the vis will be that early in the season. Since we have to travel from Fairbanks, I dont like it when trips are a total bust. So whats your toughts???

Kayakers' Cove is a beautiful spot, and the diving in June should be great. Shore dives from the cove are okay, but the best diving is a short boat ride away at spots like Mary's Rock, Shark Tooth, the Fox Island wreck, Barwell Island, and other nearby locations.

June is a bit early to see a lot of fish; the rock fish and ling cod come in a bit later in the summer. But the "small critters" are there in force, and the viz is actually a bit better early in the summer when the water is still on the cool side.

Thanks for the info Steve. Is the vis decent during the warmer months (July-September)? Sounds like a few fun dive spots to dive, i'm definatly going to go there this summer, hopefully its so good I go there a couple times. Who do you usually go with (DiveAlaska) ?

Back
Top Bottom