How about photos of ships before they became wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you build that model? That's a neat idea. Maybe every dive shop should have a scale model of the wrecks that they visit while they were still ships. That would be an interesting approach to get more people interested. Hmm...

Here's a picture of me and my boat before it became a wreck back in the 1970's. I had just finished spending half a year's salary (as a teacher) rebuilding the engine and tricking up the boat before it went down. I think it was the name change to "Eleutheria" (freedom in Greek) that did it.I don't think too many Catalina divers dive this wreck though... not even me.

Dr. Bill

She was leaving Norfolk. Sorry, I forgot to add the file and I can't delete the post. Next post will have the picture.

Leaving Norfolk, VA.

Gun boat. Built 1889 165 ft, 805 tons with six 4" guns. Assigned to the coast guard in 1906 and the became a cable ship in 1915, operating as a salvage when she foundered in a snowstorm 11th April 1917 with a loss of nine men.
Picture from a oil painting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom