where to rent gear in FL Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phinnymoose

Registered
Reaction score
We will be staying in Marathon, but plan to dive along the Keys.
Is it best to rent from one place for a week (and if so where?) or is it better to rent depending where we are diving that day?

Most of the shops in the keys do not allow gear to be rented except for use on there own trips. So in all likely hood you will be better off renting from where ever you are diving.

If you're hauling your own boat..and divin' everyday...rent for the week. Most shops don't give refunds if you don't use the gear , cause your boat broke down..or whatever...If you're goin' on charters..rent gear as needed. It's lots less expensive..when you add it all up
If you'll be drivin' down the Keys..stop in at the shops/charters you plan to use...see what you'll use on the dives.
I know Underseas,INC...a short drive over 7 mile brige.. to Big Pine Key, gives one day free on a 7 day rental...and an extra 10% off for anyone associated with Scuba Board.

Out at the sanctuary on Looe Key today..75* water temp..clear water..50ft viz.. a soft 1 ft sea ..( 2ft..if ya did a cannon ball entry) :banana:

Good advice all -

As mentioned, most shops will not rent to you unless you are diving w/ them, especially tanks (exception posted recently by Conch Republic re tanks @ $14/per tank per day) - and given the cost, its better to rent on a daily basis from whoever you are diving with as you will not save $$ by renting it elsewhere.

Thank you all for the advice. We will "rent as we go" based on this advice and some shops recommended. I'm so glad I found this site-it has been so helpful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom