Is it worth the money to buy the new Wisdom 2 9125 or just buy the 7125

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Devil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I currently have a 7125 and my wife needs a computer now. Should I spend the money for two new 9125's or just keep mine and buy her a 7125. Mine is brand new never been in the water. Does anyone know what the big difference between the two models is ? I bought mine from my dive instructor who never used it.

They are basically the same, with the exception of some cosmetic touches on the Wisdom 2.
I have the older Wisdom and love it myself. A great computer that has never let me down.

Personally the difference should not be worth the money since they should both have the same algorithms and functions.

Hate to double post, but I stand corrected they have added some new features on the new Wisdom2, such as a deep stop feature. Not sure if that is so significant.

The Deep stop feature is a new alarm and alert screen that activates on dives deeper than 60ft.
NAUI, DAN, and a few other agencies have advocated taking an extra 1min safety stop called a Deep Stop.

If you've dove past 60ft, on your ascent, you then take an optional Deep Stop at half your max depth or at 60ft for 1 min before ascending to your 3min safety stop.

I dive a Sherwood Profile, and skipping a safety stop or deep stop for whatever reason will not lock you out of diving your computer or for what ever reason make your computer behave differently. I would assume it's the same with the Wisdom models.

[-]Give me a second and I'll see if I can get a list of differences between the Wisdom 2 models.[/-]
Edit:
2 major changes:
- Deep stop function
- Double the amount of memory for dive info (not # dives in dive history)

Also computer hardware is different and the old model is no longer being updated with firmware by Sherwood.

Source:
Scubaboard Post

Try a google search next time, more times than not you may find answers quicker as it'll take you to some old archived post on the various scuba forums.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom