Quick Fundies Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Farty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First, let me send big thank you to Susan and Rob for being truly exceptional instructors and mentors and walked me through the five days journey, I would never pass without your excellent advice!

Instead of writing long report what we did on Day1, Day2, … I rather focus a bit on what I expected from Fundies class and how I changed my view after.

When I signed up I expected fairly difficult class to certain level kinda like DM on steroids with certification at the end.

Well, I was wrong, really wrong. First I almost don’t want to call it a class with instructors, because Susan and Rob were much much more than instructors. The advice they were giving us was so personalized and so honest that I have to call it a mentoring program rather than a class and the fact that there is some pass/fail at the end was really not that important, because we all learned a lot, we all really significantly improved our diving techniques and became better and safer divers and that’s probably the most important thing.

Jiri

The Northern California community is truly blessed in their GUE instructors. Glad you had a great experience -- and you've got a fantastic community to slot into there, too.

Congrats Jiri!! Its great to hear you enjoyed Fundies & that you learned so much!

Look forward to diving with you :)!

Congrats! It was great to meet you, and the pool night was great - let's go diving sometime.

Fundies was the best bang for the buck I have ever spent on training. It was the equivalent of learning about 4 classes from other agencies at half the price. Susan, Rob and Beto are all great instructors. We had all three when we took Fundies :shocked2: Nice to hear another report from a happy trainee.

Nice job! I also had Susan/Rob/Beto for my Dec 2010 Fundies class. With only four students, it was wonderful getting so much attention and feedback from all three instructors.

Kathy, thanks a lot for opening the GUE world for me and for all your help.

Hepcat62, you saved but butt. Little pool practice helped a lot.

Back
Top Bottom