Which Make WA lense for Ikelite #6242.95 / Canon S95 Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indigo Scuba Africa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi

Anyone using a Wide Angle lense on their #6242.95 Ikelite Housing (the housing for a Canon S95)? I'd like to get one but would like some feedback and suggestions on what to buy before taking this expensive leap!

Any photos would also be appreciated.

Thank you!
:D

Ikelite recommends their W20 screw on wet lens for wide angle conversion. It will vignette a little and the camera lens can be zoomed to 35mm to cancel that. That works for most people.

Other brands of wide converter do not cause as much vignetting. The Olympus PTWC-01 is better in this regard. It is a bit heavier and more expensive than the W20.

David Haas has shared lots of wonderful photos taken with the Canon S90 and W-20 lens. Several of them can be found on the following two Product Blogs:

Ikelite Product Blog (second article)
Ikelite Product Blog

I believe he's also posted some of these photos on other ScubaBoard threads (username dhaas) and in other online forums.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Back
Top Bottom