U.S.S Oriskany. Down under dive shop.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jxh2297

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got back from gulf shores Alabama from a trip to wreck dive the oriskany with down under dive shop. The day started out normal with a 3 hour boat ride to the wreck. Once we got there the diving conditions were awesome. No current, maybe 1 foot seas. Saw some huge barracuda and fish. Well once we were ready to come back after diving our boat had some technical difficulties and broke down. I just want to commend this dive shop for there customer service. I have never seen anything like it. We were stranded for about 3 hours. When we finally got back to the dive shop they had pizza waiting for us and drinks. They made us feel like family with the food and conversations. We even got a 50% off coupons for our next dive trip for the trouble. So if you are planning to dive the oriskany anytime soon, I would highly recommend down under dive shop. Mitch the dive master will do anything to make your trip enjoyable.

You must have been diving the same day as my buddy. He descibed those same conditions on his dive. I don't know what shop he used, but glad to hear you were treated right.

So did they have to run another boat out or finally get the boat fixed? Wow. So you guys got back 6 hours after the dive. (stranded for 3 and a 3 hour ride back) Good that the seas were calm and the dive was good. Nice gesture on the shops part for pizza and drinks.

Another boat came and towed us back, and yeah we were on the boat from sun up to sundown. Still worth every minute

So you guys got back 6 hours after the dive. (stranded for 3 and a 3 hour ride back).

Did the ride to the mighty O really take 3 hours one way? I dont remeber it taking no more than 1.5 hours.

Edit: You were towed back NVM.

Back
Top Bottom