Port Hardy on the Clavella?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A friend has asked me to accompany him on a dive trip to Port Hardy in November with Clavella Adventures.

Have any of you used this operator, if so how was it?
Also is November a good time of year?

I dive in the Sound quite regularly and love it, I was interested in the San Juan Islands, but have been told Port Hardy is where it is at?

I dove with John a few years ago. Gave me the spritual experience of a lifetime with Pacific Whitesided dolphins. Beautiful dives, good food and a fun crew. The boat is a bit cramped, the bunks were damp, we had a couple of other passengers that were less than fun and we ended up getting caught in 75 mph winds. I will say that John knows the area, the Orcas, and will give you great diving. If you like plush/comfort/room to strech/dry check out another boat.

Dove Port Hardy last month on the Sea Venturer, came across the Clavella a couple of times, seemed like a nice spacy boat. The dampness isn't exclusive to the Clavellea, so was the Sea Venturer, but with a climate such as the one we were in, that was to be expected.

Diving was great, mostly walls, along with a wreck (the Themis) where Wolf Eels like to hang out. Also saw many GP Octopus, GP Crabs, a sea lion and tons of other interesting critters. The owners of the Sea Venturer plan to sell their boat in the next few months and move on to God's Pocket, so I'll certainly hook up with them there next year.

Diving in BC is some of the best on the planet. I have seen vis over 100 ft. For the most comfort, the Nautilus Explorer is the only way to go. :thumb:

I am definately in! I actually prefer the non Luxury (Wait on you hand and foot type boats) as long as there is plenty of food and plenty of diving I am happy!

You are going to love it! Be sure to get in as many night dives as you can! I hope you get into the whales and dolphins too. If you can, swim with the dolphins but don't let them corkscrew you too deep.:loopy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom