Need help urgently X-Force or T-Black Scubapro BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nomro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All ,

Could anyone please help me with the choice of BC ?

I'm looking forward to buying a jacket BCD in the next couple of days and I need some opinion regarding those BCD's and the differences between them , especially in the diving experience and stability.

T-Black : is in the market for sometime and is known for its stability and utilities . Also more expensive, for me it also looks very bulky which I think is a con.

X-Force : is the newer addition to the scubapro lineup , in terms of options and utilities it is almost the same as the T-Black however it has smaller pockets , less storage , I'm not sure about the stability and diving experience , also it seems to be less bulky than the T-Black - It is cheaper than the T-Black but the price difference is not that big.

Please help me decide if it is worth to go with the known heavy duty T-Black or to go with the newer model , the X-force ?

PS : I'm an AOW diver
BEst Regards :wink:
Nomro

Scubapro is a good brand. My friends have had good experiences dealing with the company's customer service department.

The T-Black looks like a "semi-back" flotation BCD.
The X-Force looks like more of a traditional jacket-style BCD.
Both BCDs appear to be weight-integrated.

Meh. Flip a coin. You'll probably end up liking what you get...and you won't know what you've missed.

Not sure why you have time pressure imposed on your BCD buying decision. I strongly advise people in your position to test out jacket-style BCDs, rear-flotation BCDs, and BP/W setups -- mainly to get a feel for the range of BCDs available. See what you like best, figure out what's in your price range, and make the purchase.

Thanks my friend , actually I don't have the luxury of trying BC's as I go diving every 3 months . My next dive is soon and I want to use a new BC that I buy . I also have to get it from another city .

I favor the X-force because it is newer than the T-Black and it is less bulky.
however the T Black has been there for a while and has been tested by a lot of instructors . I met 2 instuctors using T-Black and recommending it.

That is why I can't make up my mind :) and I'm open to all opinions

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom