Looking for dive buddy or guide for Blue Heron Bridge April 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mistressmotorsports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My daughter and I will be in the area the first week in April, and we'd like to dive the bridge on April 5th. We could also do the 4th if needed. Looks like high tide is about 10 am on the 5th. I would be happy to buy lunch for a buddy or pay a professional guide. I have about 130 dives, and my daughter is at about 40 dives. She has decent boyancy control for a relative beginner and is used to shallow dives in really thick wetsuits. Hopefully one (or more?) of you will have a weekday morning off and want to hang with some visitors.

Mike

I'd be happy to join you on Monday the 4th - if that works for you. High tide is 9:30 so we'd need to be geared up and ready to enter the water by 8:45 at the latest. I can show you around and then you can go back on your own on Tuesday.

No lunch necessary!

jet

I plan to be there for fun dives both days. I'd be happy to show you the sights too.
I have to echo Jets advice...hi on Monday is 09:31, and 08:45 is perfect. You might even plan on a bit earlier for equipment check.:D

Hi Tuesday is 10:06. I like to be in the water at least 30 minutes earlier then that.
Feel free to PM me about it.

No fee necessary

Thanks to both of you! jet, since my preferred date is Tuesday, I'm going to plan on that. If wind or something blows out my Monday boat dive, and if I know it ahead of time, I'll try to get back with you, but again, thanks.

scubajim, I will send you a pm with my phone number etc.

Thanks again, and if anyone else wants to join us and make it a party, just chime in!

Mike

Thanks to both of you! jet, since my preferred date is Tuesday, I'm going to plan on that. If wind or something blows out my Monday boat dive, and if I know it ahead of time, I'll try to get back with you, but again, thanks.

scubajim, I will send you a pm with my phone number etc.

Thanks again, and if anyone else wants to join us and make it a party, just chime in!

Mike

Ok. I'll be there so if you do get blown out, just look for me. Monday mornings aren't too crowded. I wear snappy red Ray Bans.

Jim - I'll see you Monday (if not before)!

jet

I will probably have the day off on both the 4th and 5th.
Never had a bad dive at Blue Heron Bridge.

Tuesday, the 5th, high tide is 10:00 am so you get to "sleep late" :)

Great, the more the merrier. Daughter and I did three "tune up" dives in Catalina this weekend. Garsh it's cold here in California. 54 in the water and about 60 out of the water, although it's going to be mid-80's here by Thursday. Even some of the dry suit dudes were cold by dive three. Looking forward to a little warmth under water.

Just a follow up to say THANK YOU! to Jim for showing us around the bridge today. I noticed some of the regulars said vis was down today, but we had a great time anyway. 86 minutes and lots of critters. Not even sure what they all were. When I get back to Ca. this weekend, maybe I'll post some pics, and you can tell me what I am looking at.

Mike (and Rachel)

What a pleasure it is to meet mistressmotorsports and Rachel. Great divers and fun to dive with...too bad we couldn't get lunch together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom