Zeagle Zena size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are planning a trip to Bonaire and I want to surprise her with a new BC. I have a Zeagle Stiletto that I really like, so I want to get her a Zena.

She is 5'4", 140#, fit and fairly busty. Any guess at to what size Zena she needs?

I just bought my S.O a Zena. The sizing is a bit large for these BCs. I did a lot of research on this BC. My S.O is 5'5, 125, 34C and she has about 4 1/2 inches of spare adjustable nylon strap left on the waist/bust section. I got her a small and she has room to spare. If your wife is a 36 bust and a little wider around the waist, I would consider a medium because a small might put her weight pockets too far back. The weight pocket are tied into the back inflator section and the waist/bust section adjusts independently from the back. Hope this helps. You could also call Zeagle and ask them.

This is truly the sexiest BC ever made. Plus, it's light and very well made. She'll be very happy with it.

S

Has your wife been looking at the Zena or BCs in general? Does she currently dive (or at least tried) a back-inflation BC? Given the different styles, BI/jacket, corset/cummerbund, etc, I'm not sure I would want to be given a specific BC as a surprise, Zena or any other.
If you know the Zena is something she'd like, surprise her by taking her to the dive shop and telling her she's getting one, then try one on to get the right size instead of guessing. Or if you're not sure it's the best, but you like it, tell her you're getting her a BC, show her the Zena and let her pick what she wants.
Just my 2psi.

I agree with oreocookie... size is very important in a BCD, as is style. Could you get one from your diveshop on the understanding that you may bring it back if it's not the one she wants or doesn't fit properly?

I have to agree 100% with Oreo and Kari....don't guess on the size and buy her one. Like all equipment, one type/style isn't for everyone, so unless your wife is interested in a wing BC that is very minimalist in nature, the Zena may or may not be for her. You're better off surprising her with the plan you're going to buy her a new BC and point her at the Zena to see if she's interested.

If she's interested, go to Zeagle's website and see how to measure her for the Zena. Then call ScubaToys with her measurements and let them build her a CUSTOM fitted BC. Since she's a small but busty lady, mixing and matching the components will make for the perfect size.

Here's the other thing, if she does decide to get a Zena, she'll need to know how to adjust it perfectly on her body while diving, and she might benefit from a few tips on how best to wear it to carry her tank while shore diving on Bonaire. Since I've written my suggestions (many times) for getting a perfect adjustment so your tank never rolls and you never feel your BC while diving, and I've done a lot of diving in Bonaire, I'd be happy to share my experiences and suggestions if she's interested.

A great feature of the Zeagle BC's is the ability to mix size components to get it right for the diver. Not everyone is shaped like the mannequin in the Macy's window.

Your gal would find the best fit to be a Medium vest and torso with size S shoulders.

IF you order a standard size Medium the shoulder straps will not cinch down snug over the point of the shoulder. Then the BC cannot "Playtex" for best fit.
IF you order the size Small vest, her ..ah.. anatomy won't stay suitable tucked in. She might suffer a...ah...fallout.
Buy her an extra torso of a different color and she can match a second swim suit with her BC and wow the dive staff because they will think she's traveling with 2 rigs.

Thanks all! I though about measuring my wife in the middle of the night, but I couldn't come up with a good cover story in the event that she woke up :wink:. In the end I wound up telling my wife about the BC and getting proper measurements. She needs a small back, small shoulder straps, and a large front.

FWIW, the specs on Zeagles site put my wife into a small. It was too big for her. Ordered the XS and it fit perfect.

BTW, she absolutely LOVES it!!!! Best BC she's ever worn.

Back
Top Bottom