kauai dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

razor

Registered
Reaction score
I tried to use the search function but it does not seem to work today so please no flaming!

I am going to Kauai over Thanksgiving and some of you guys mentioned Bubble Below and Dive Kauai and I appreciate your help! I got great response from both. But I was wondering if there are any other dive shops that come to mind?

Thanks in advance

BTW
Is anybody else experiencing problems with the search function?

Razor,

Note that Bubbles Below is not a dive shop, but a dive operator (boat trips, no storefront). Don't expect much in the way of dive shops on Kauai. One was Dive Kauai Scuba Center in Kapaa, although I was underwhelmed by them.

As far as other operators go, I heard positive things about Mana Divers, but again, I was extremely satisfied with Linda Marsh and Bubbles Below.

On a day when Bubbles Below wasn't going out, I did a trip with Fathom Five. About 18 months ago. I prefer Bubbles Below. My impression of Fathom Five is more negative than most people, but on the one day I went with Fathom Five, boat problems required swapping out of boats and about an hour delay. It was off season, and they had warned me when booking that there would be 2 Discover Scuba divers onboard. This limited the dive sites. There isn't anyway that they would have known that the one other certified diver onboard was a flake that kept wandering off. In spite of all of the above, they were nice dives, but the rest of the trip I dove with Bubbles Below even though they left from a port further away.

YMMV and I have since seen many positive trip reports about Fathom Five.

I just got back from diving in Kauai and definitely recommend Bubbles Below. Linda and her staff are very knowledgable. Their boat dives leave from Port Allen on the south side of the island. If you are there in Nov you may have the opportunity to see the whales migrate in! The Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles were great and we also got the opportunity to dive Ni'ihau and see the Monk Seals. Seasport was also on the south side of the island but I would definitely recommend Bubbles Below over them!

MI2diver once bubbled...
I just got back from diving in Kauai and definitely recommend Bubbles Below. Linda and her staff are very knowledgable.
Linda's record's intact. I have yet to meet someone who wasn't impressed with her operation.

It looks like Bubbles Below. Once again I appreciate the boards help. You guys make a newbie feel welcome.

This will be my third dive trip this year. Not bad for a guy who lives in the Rockies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom