worthington compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn87

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a Worthington V2A4 compressor that I recently bought. It has a 3 phase GE 15hp electric motor. However, I have a problem. Before I bought this compressor I contacted my electric company and they told me that they could hook up 3 phase power to my shop with “no problems” and to go ahead and purchase my compressor. Well, I call the electric company to come and install my 3 phase power and they decide that they cannot do it in my area and that I was misinformed. :angrymob: So I am kinda in a bad place. I have looked into some other options like power convertors (it wont run as efficient and I have looked at putting a gas engine on it. But I would rather let someone who has 3 phase power buy it and use it correctly.

I am willing to trade for a smaller compressor that has a single stage electric motor or gas motor, or I will take best cash offer.
Here is what I know about the compressor:

Worthington V2A4 (3 stage compressor)
General Electric 3 phase 15hp motor (3510 rpm’s and 208 volts)
It was bought from diver’s den scuba shop in Dothan, AL when they upgraded to a new compressor, then I bought it from a guy who ran into a similar problem with 3 phase….LOL.
It comes with a double filtration system and 12 new in box filters.
It comes with an extra 2-stage cylinder
It comes with some oil
It also comes with a fill whip.
It has recently been serviced and new gaskets have been put on.
It is on a trailer only suitable for local moving. I put it on a trailer and drive it back 500 miles from FL where I purchased it.
I will attach some pics. ( It appears a bit rough but the brown color is actually brownish red primer paint, not rust) Im in the process of sanding and repainting some parts because the paint its flaking a bit. (I am kinda funny about things looking nice…lol)

Contact me with further questions. I’ll try to answer them…. I don’t know much though…lol. Also, Don’t be scared to make offers….

Attachments

• IMG_8955.jpg
    IMG_8955.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 423
Id like to see a 15hp phase convertor for $400!
What I would do if I were you is swap in a single phase 10HP motor and change the pully size so the compressor is running at 2/3 the speed (motor runs at same speed) You will have your lower output single phase compresor and the machine will last longer since its running at slower speed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom