Sealife Strobe Compatible with DC 600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am getting a Sealife DC 600 and am looking for a strobe to complete my package. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know. Thanks.

I am getting a Sealife DC 600 and am looking for a strobe to complete my package. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know. Thanks.

we have one used af 35 barely used for a reduced price...new 410

one at used price 325.00

I think the Vivitar replacement that is the exact same as the SeaLife DC600 is the Vivitar ViviCam 6330s. When I used to have a DC600 I knew that for sure. But right now I can't find my old paperwork where I wrote it down....

From what I had researched, you can get the Vivitar cam and then download the firmware from SeaLife and flash the camera with the SeaLife firmware and have the underwater settings for the DC600 on the Vivitar camera.

Hope that helps!

BoneCrusher is correct. I used one. The only difference is that you need to use the 960D strobe and set the setting on "2" of the strobe. The 6330 has a pre-flash that will set off your strobe if you keep it on "1" resulting in the strobe firing before the shutter goes off. I did not have to download any software.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom